Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost dog

Options
  • 19-11-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Found at Kilcoole beach small White westie. About a year old male pink eyes:o
    WIll try to post photo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

Imadub wrote: »
    Found at Kilcoole beach small White westie. About a year old male pink eyes:o
    WIll try to post photo
    Have you got him? Lots of lost and found pet pages on Facebook that have proved successful before. I know I few I can post on there if you'd like to PM me your details I can post it for you.
    Local dog warden is good also

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Imadub

Hope this works!!! Best shot i could get. He's very lively:):)

Omg he's just gorgeous - he looks bonkers alright. I'll start posting on Facebook and some of the dog rescue places I know
    Fingers crossed for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Proper thing to do if he/she is not wearing a collar with tag is to cal local garda stations. People who lose their animals will more than likely call the guards (few mile radius of where you found the dog) and maybe leave in poster. Also call dog pounds within a few mile radius, the RSPCA pounds too (rescure pounds). but most important is to bring dog to vet to look for microchip, please god he/she has one and owner registered details. Look on facebook as others suggested.

Put ads up yourself saying you found this dog but dont put up a poster. Sometimes people who dont own the dog will try to claim as theirs so just see if they can give you description of him (scars, marks, temper, was he wearing a collar, whats his name) call dog by that name n see if he responds. If he/she doesnt its not their dog. Trust me I know what im talking about was member of Roscrea SPCA for years and rehomed lots of animals with owners due to microchipping or when owners couldnt be found we got them loving homes.

Plus my own dog was stolen and found 9 days later in Tallaght thanks to my wife (Chairperson of Roscrea SPCA) at the time literally doing a country wide campaign to find our dog. posters, guards, even went to balinasloe horse fair which broke our hearts, every dog pound, every garda station, every gun club, anywhere that dealt with dogs had a poster of her and i had one on my van too. Woman who found her brought her to Rathfarnham SPCA rescue centre and they had a poster of her :D we got her back after 9 longgggggggg days of responding to every calll that said they saw a black and white dog.

Any luck with microchip?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This is very strange. In fact, I'm struggling to solve this little mystery.

My mother found an abandoned white Westie on Greystones beach on Sunday afternoon as well. It's either a mad coincidence or someone is doing/has done something very wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mcginncf

Your mother sure did; that's him alright in the photo, and we drove him up to the DSPCA at Mount Venus, near Glencree on Sunday afternoon. No micro-tag on him though. But he must have escaped from the previous person who found him. Hopefully, he'll be found a new home now. :)

mcginncf wrote: »
    Your mother sure did; that's him alright in the photo, and we drove him up to the DSPCA at Mount Venus, near Glencree on Sunday afternoon. No micro-tag on him though. But he must have escaped from the previous person who found him. Hopefully, he'll be found a new home now. :)

Oooh I'm confused, was there only one dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

mcginncf wrote: »

???????

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Imadub

This is very strange. In fact, I'm struggling to solve this little mystery.

My mother found an abandoned white Westie on Greystones beach on Sunday afternoon as well. It's either a mad coincidence or someone is doing/has done something very wrong...

Yeh that's him all right web brought him for a walk on Sunday to kilcoole beach and he got away from us, and continued towards greystones. We though maybe he was from greystones and was going home. Some one got in touch on Monday about him so I will tell them where he is. He was already rescue dog so I think he might be a bit of a wanderer:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

I know the owner of the dog, and has now been returned to her, thanks a million for the posts.......and yes he is mad as a hatter!

I know the owner of the dog, and has now been returned to her, thanks a million for the posts.......and yes he is mad as a hatter!
    Wonderful! Picture reminded me of my Glen of Imaal x is is bonkers also

Great work everyone

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Good news. My mum will be delighted!

Advertisement