Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virus:windows cannot access specified path

• 19-11-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

hi . i have a virus that keeps directing me to crappy websites and it is slowing up my p c. normally i can get rid of them myself but this one has me beat . I have downloaded .malwarebytes, rkill ,clean my pc ,avira, avg .,avast, atf cleaner and a few more but when i try to run them after installing i get the message windows cannot access specified file path access denied. i tried running system restore in safe mode but it told me there was a problem with that too i dont know what to do and i really need help please

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

rename mbam.exe and rkill.exe to explorer.exe and run them in safe mode, they should work there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Thanks a million asj112 I will give that a go today a see how I get on . This thing has me feeling like giving up.

Advertisement