Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay and Display Minimum Payment

Options
  • 19-11-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Was parking my car in a pay and display area yesterday when i noticed written on the paystation a minimum payment of €1. I was literally just nipping into the post office to pay a credit card bill, 20c would have sufficed... but instead i had to put in 5 times that amount. I'm a little baffled as to the reasoning behind this... can anyone shed any light?? other than i was being ripped of course! :confused::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

it does seem ridiculous to not allow a 20c or 30c charge for a run into a shop. I know that with the parking-tag system, you can top up by as little as 20c.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Just had a quick check of the parking bye laws and it states the min for all zones to be 20c

• Registered Users Posts: 78,365 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

pclive wrote: »
    Just had a quick check of the parking bye laws and it states the min for all zones to be 20c

that'd be public ones only though wouldn't it? private carparks could do what they like...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In the Dun Laoghaire harbour zone it's a minimum of €2. Unlike the DLR Co. Co., the harbour police will clamp you if you're not paid up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement