Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC problems recently

• 19-11-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭

Anyone else seeing their connection dropping several times a day for 1-2 minutes at a time? It's almost constant now for me. Wireless is fine and the router is fine (all usual lights on) but the internet just stops working every few minutes for 1-2 minutes at a time. I'm posting this from my Meteor 3G phone.

I'm in North Dublin btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

Same problem here in Waterford for the past week. Very annoying especially when playing games online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

same problem, I'm in Dublin city centre. Speed on internet will drop below 1mbps for long periods of time and every once and while the connection will just go completely.

Also having lot of problems with my TV, some channels particularly Sky One will drop the signal every few minutes and take a few seconds to come back.

I haven't complained because I keep getting letters from UPC saying that they are doing essental upgrades in my area and to please be patient with lose of service.

But having said that I've been getting these letters for the last 6 months so they better get their act together pretty soon or I'll be off to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

any updates on this, ive been having the same sort of problem in the waterford city area, one computer siting beside the other workin fine and one not at all, could that be them doing maintinence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Well my internet and phone died for about 5 minutes This Evening. My Pc still continued to be connected to modem during this outage, with a message of "No Internet Access" then all just came back with no further issues.
    In Dublin West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Same here. Connection drops for a couple of seconds at least once every 20 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

I'd expect all these problems to be made public in the study

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its been dropping connection a bit for the last week today its completely down in the Ringsend area, using my Meteor dongle to get online, hope they sort it out soon :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement