Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various 2012 Annuals have between 50% and 70% off @ Book Depository

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭007.57

dam that's a lot of annuals available now. In my day there was the match, beano, dandy, topper and maybe marvel if you were lucky. i have 4 brothers so we each got one

Yus! gimme dat one direction and justin bieber annual 2012!??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 maryh1

that website says its free delivery, you hardly expect me to believe that the post office will deliver the books to me for free!! unlikely you'll ever receive anything

petecork wrote: »
    eg
    Match 2012 Annual for €3.57 delivered
    Hello Kitty Hardback annual €3.43 delivered

See post by jojo89 on HUKD Ireland

why buy them now, just wait til the new year and you'll probably get these for €1 each in easons

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

maryh1 wrote: »
    that website says its free delivery, you hardly expect me to believe that the post office will deliver the books to me for free!! unlikely you'll ever receive anything

LOL.

Noob doesn't know the greatness of thebookdepository.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

why buy them now, just wait til the new year and you'll probably get these for €1 each in easons

You must be Russian Orthodox, we Western Christians usually have Christmas before New Year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

noodler wrote: »
    LOL.

Noob doesn't know the greatness of thebookdepository.co.uk

I'm not sure about the poster's lack of awareness of the Book Depository or if it's a case of Obvious troll is obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

got 2 yesterday the Beano and a princess one

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

im not goin to wait til the sales as the books are for Christmas, and it is a bit hard trying to explain to kids how they suddenly appeared after christmas

Rael wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the poster's lack of awareness of the Book Depository or if it's a case of Obvious troll is obvious?
    i actually never heard of the bookdepository before, just used amazon and ebay for books

shannon82 wrote: »
    im not goin to wait til the sales as the books are for Christmas, and it is a bit hard trying to explain to kids how they suddenly appeared after christmas
    thats a good point, sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

i actually never heard of the bookdepository before, just used amazon and ebay for books

Amazon recently bought them out. I've purchased aprx 200 books from them and never had a problem once, I've yet to find better prices online with free delivery too.

They are 100% kosher, just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hollands

Ordered two paperbacks from them a few weeks ago. It took 15 days for my order to arrive. So don't order too close to Christmas!! Cheap but slow. I think they despatch from countries other then the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

hollands wrote: »
    Ordered two paperbacks from them a few weeks ago. It took 15 days for my order to arrive. So don't order too close to Christmas!! Cheap but slow. I think they despatch from countries other then the U.K.

Yeah, that is kind of a rule of thumb when ordering books. If you're not in a hurry order from Book depository for the free delivery. If you cant wait then order them from amazon which are much faster, usually, but you'll probably pay extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

never had a problem with the book depository,find them great and ordered five of those annuals last night for €21 fantastic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Have used them plenty of times and also never had any problems with them. Good prices and good overall service always worth a look ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Just ordered a few there, thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Ordered annuals on 20th (Sunday) delivered on 25th to Germany, couldn't complain about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭petecork

bmaxi wrote: »
    Ordered annuals on 20th (Sunday) delivered on 25th to Germany, couldn't complain about that.

yes we ordered a few on the 26th, received them last friday 2nd which was good

eg
    Match 2012 Annual for €3.57 delivered
    Hello Kitty Hardback annual €3.43 delivered

See post by jojo89 on HUKD Ireland

sorry for doubting you, the annuals i ordered were delivered last friday and this morning, very happy with them.

just surprised they were in separate packets as its cheaper if they posted them together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Ghah. I went to buy the Hello Kitty annual. The price had gone up to €4.50. Went to pay and the price rose to €9. Pffft. not buying that now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭petecork

Ghah. I went to buy the Hello Kitty annual. The price had gone up to €4.50. Went to pay and the price rose to €9. Pffft. not buying that now

thats a huge increase, theres still some others for around €4 delivered here
    I've sorted the price starting with the lowest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭John mac

sorry for doubting you, the annuals i ordered were delivered last friday and this morning, very happy with them.

just surprised they were in separate packets as its cheaper if they posted them together

yep they always send stuff in separate packages.

never had a problem with them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 caterpill

thats a huge increase, theres still some others for around €4 delivered http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/search?searchTerm=2012+annual&searchSortBy=price_low_high
    I've sorted the price starting with the lowest

If I ordered tonight, how likely is it to be delivered by the 23rd?

used amazon previously and think it took 3 days, and I've read somewhere that amazon now own the book depository, so hoping delivery time is same for both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

caterpill wrote: »
    If I ordered tonight, how likely is it to be delivered by the 23rd?

used amazon previously and think it took 3 days, and I've read somewhere that amazon now own the book depository, so hoping delivery time is same for both

I got a book from them during the week. Took over a week from order to delivery ordered on a Friday and delivered the following Monday week. If the price is right I am not going to quibble over a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I find Amazon to be the quickest for delivery. To be honest I wouldn't risk ordering from thebookdepository if I needed something in time for christmas. If you don't want to spend the £25 for free delivery on Amazon, then add a pre-order book or game to your order. Then when your book has dispatched cancel the pre-order item. Have done this loads of times with no issues:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 caterpill

lindtee wrote: »
    I find Amazon to be the quickest for delivery. To be honest I wouldn't risk ordering from thebookdepository if I needed something in time for christmas. If you don't want to spend the £25 for free delivery on Amazon, then add a pre-order book or game to your order. Then when your book has dispatched cancel the pre-order item. Have done this loads of times with no issues:)
    thanks, thats a great idea about the pre-order item. this time my order is more than £25 so I got free delivery but useful to know for next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Well not only will they deliver to your house in Ireland, you can also get books delivered to your relations in Australia free of charge - only catch is that your receipt showing the prices will be in the envelope as they don't give gift receipts. And delivery only took 7 days (incl. weekend)

Advertisement