Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 49DV

Options
  • 19-11-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi I have a Astec 49DV alarm and I have a fault with it is there any alarm installer around Meath area that could do a health check of my alarm system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There's a sticky at the top of the main page with a list of installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

But they are all in the Dublin area not in Meath and it is mostly suppliers on this list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Try the PSA register.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

zoom_cool wrote: »
    Hi I have a Astec 49DV alarm and I have a fault with it is there any alarm installer around Meath area that could do a health check of my alarm system.

What fault code is showing on your alarm ?

• Advertisement

I put it into Engineering mode as it would go off randamly when not set I have it like this for over a year I think it was some fault with internal Siren not sure I jus want somebody to go through the whole system and check it out it is only about 4 years old so too good to take replace.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In engineer enter 11 & tell us what displays.

OK I will do let you know later

It flashes '1 bell fault'

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That means the panel cannot see the internal bell.
    Check that it is positioned correctly on the base and the pins are not bent or damaged.

• Advertisement

Hi guys thanks for your help it looks like a faulty internal sab so I set the system to have no internal siren and I also went thru the logs and adjusted my inertia sensors to be less sensitive (I found the install manual so I dont think I will need alarm expert :-) anyway I can ask the experts here :D ) I have a few questions.

1. do you know the ruff cost of internal sab
    2. this alarm has auto dialler which is not connected which I am goin to setup at weekend very brace now I have manual..... can you disarm the alarm from your phone if it happens to go off.

Thanks all for your help.

1. do you know the ruff cost of internal sab
    €25-€35
    2. this alarm has auto dialler which is not connected which I am goin to setup at weekend very brace now I have manual..... can you disarm the alarm from your phone if it happens to go off.
    On a DV, No.

Thanks KoolKid for you help and quick reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rmk

Hi,
    I have Astec 49 alarm system installed at home, now I bought external Gsm modem which requires input from Astec49, the problem is that my system does not have ( Daller ) option. Is any other way to get the input from the panel??? Thank You

You can use an Astec relay card if you can still get one.

rmk wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have Astec 49 alarm system installed at home, now I bought external Gsm modem which requires input from Astec49, the problem is that my system does not have ( Daller ) option. Is any other way to get the input from the panel??? Thank You

You could also fit a sabb converter, S22 and use the trigger of this to activate the GSM you have. These would be much easier to source. Ring a few of the suppliers here for one. You will need the engineer code to add either device.

Thank you Friends for the help

Your welcome, did you get it sorted?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Your welcome, did you get it sorted?
    No not yet still looking for the parts, let You now when it will be done

rmk wrote: »
    No not yet still looking for the parts, let You now when it will be done

The output card will be hard enough to source, no problems with the S22 though. You will need the engineer code so if you don't have this try defaulting the system first as you will need to get into engineer mode to set it up.

• Advertisement

Hi friends,
    Thank You for Yours advices setting up astec 49 with external Gsm modem. My system is up and running 100%. I used sound activated relay to connect Astec with GSM. So when siren starts its triggers the GSM. It is very easy to setup. Thank YOU

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Hello Friends,
    How to setup PART LOAD properly on astec 49, because the way is setup in my house now I think is not right. When I set part load the first floor is fully armed the second floor not, the problem is in the morning when I want to disarm I go down stairs to the keypad the PIR located down stairs detects me and wakes up all my family:eek: unless I enter password in less than a second. Can I set up some delay for this PIR when system is in part load mode? Something similar when entering the house in fully armed mode. And I don’t get any warning to enter password when system is in part load mode is this normal for ASTEC 49 . THANK YOU

Command 30 is used for setting up the PIR to be taken out of the system in part set, command 31 is to make the PIR an access zone.

Hi Altor,
    Can You write exactly commands what do I need to enter in to the keypad to take out PIR of the system, because I am not familiar with Astec or might You can send me an engineering manual than I can work myself Thanks

Hi,
    Im presuming you have Engineer access.
    Enter engineer code
    00 Engineer displayes on top of the screen
    Enter 30
    Press 1 (For zone 1)
    Press Set Infred Set
    Screen should show 1 Infred NO
    To exit engineer press clear 99

Hi,
    Thank YOU so much. :)

Your welcome. Any problems you know where we are.

Advertisement