Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions buy xbox360 kinect

Options
  • 19-11-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking to buy xbox 360 kinect .

I have no clue about them at all :o, would somebody explain what parts need to enjoy this equipment fully.

i understood that i need xbox360, then kinect device. do i have to buy something else ?

want use for sport/dancing games.

what mean 4gb, and 250 gb? (i know, it means size, but nowhere explains).

In what price range may get full kit brand new, and where?

also very important thing, may i buy used? how much would be full kit, and what to be aware when buying used one.

how big tv is optimal ? does it makes difference, if there is plazma, lcd or led tv ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PelicanLegend

Mar4ix wrote: »
    Hi, looking to buy xbox 360 kinect .

I have no clue about them at all :o, would somebody explain what parts need to enjoy this equipment fully.

i understood that i need xbox360, then kinect device. do i have to buy something else ? Just whatever games you want. Normally if your buying both you'll get games included in a bundle. Kinnect comes with "kinect adventures" as standard.

want use for sport/dancing games.

what mean 4gb, and 250 gb? (i know, it means size, but nowhere explains). 4gb, 250 gb means the size of the harddrive on your xbox. You can play games directly off disk but its faster to install them to your harddrive and play from there. Games are about 3gb so bigger harddrive more you can store on it.

In what price range may get full kit brand new, and where?
    have a look in Game, HMV, argos, amazon.

also very important thing, may i buy used? how much would be full kit, and what to be aware when buying used one. You could buy second hand. Probably best to check the buyers history before you buy. If they are frequent sellers then they will have a reputation they want to keep. check the comments section. Adverts.ie is a good place to start

how big tv is optimal ? does it makes difference, if there is plazma, lcd or led tv ? anything over 32" I suppose. YOU WANT TO CHECK YOUR FLOOR SPACE THOUGH. sorry for caps but want to stress that. You need a reasonable ammount of floor space for kinnect. don't have the dimensions to hand so you'll have to google them.

thanks
    answers above

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you're looking at this for Sports / Dancing games, I would recommend Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports (or Kinect Sports 2).

The size of the TV is less important than the amount of room you have on the floor to play it - it currently requires about 5-6 feet of space to see you properly, and I have to move the coffee table out of the way. I see some places (GAME) that sell an unofficial add-on the NYKO Zoom - it's like a pair of glasses that click on to the Kinect camera and make it easier to play in a smaller space, by shortening the focus of the camera to nearer the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Gamestop.ie are doing an offer for €119.99 where you get the Kinect Sensor (and the bundled kinect adventures) as well as one of the following:

Dance Central 2, Disneyland Adventures and Kinect Sports 2.

Handy if you find a good deal for the 360 console separately. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Gamestop.ie are doing an offer for €119.99 where you get the Kinect Sensor (and the bundled kinect adventures) as well as one of the following:

Dance Central 2, Disneyland Adventures and Kinect Sports 2.

Handy if you find a good deal for the 360 console separately. Hope that helps.

That's actually not a bad deal unless,of course, you are looking to buy the xbox/kinect as a package brand new. If so, keep an eye on the aforementioned outlets and Gamestop,Smyths & Harvey Normans for bundled offers. There should be some good deals for the xmas market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Here's the link, by the way. IN case there's any confusion, the Kinect sensor is new. Merely a suggestion if you happen to find the console cheap elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Katchit

Thinking of getting Xbox for husband's birthday (mid 40's). Interested in driving & shooting games - should I get the Kinect or is it more for dancing & bowling type games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Kinect is alright for Dancing and bowling types of games, there will be gradually more games that will have support for some features of it (such as voice control or movements) to enhance games.

If he's just interested in Driving and Shooting games, I would stick with just the basic XBox and he could always add the Kinect later if he was still interested. Or if you have any young kids or grandkids, it (Kinect) would be fun as there could be a few games to play with them.

I have Kinect and use it every now and again for the craic, or if we have a few people over, but would play the other types of games more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Katchit

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Katchit wrote: »
    Thinking of getting Xbox for husband's birthday (mid 40's). Interested in driving & shooting games - should I get the Kinect or is it more for dancing & bowling type games ?

Amazon still have the great deal on http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84093413_5?ie=UTF8&docId=1000598623&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=auto-sparkle&pf_rd_r=E35018A9162441D7B7C7&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=265955567&pf_rd_i=xbox

You get forza 4 (driving game) free and can add another for 10 pounds, list has Gears Of War 3 and Battle field 3 which are shooters. Also comes with free 12 month subscription for xbox live, best deal i've seen.

Advertisement