Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone ever spotted someone they know on one of the "Know Your" Picture Threads?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I recognise loads of people in the lookalikes thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

mackg wrote: »
    I recognise loads of people in the lookalikes thread.
    Ahh, but do you know them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ahh, but do you know them?

That's the joke. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

no but there are a few I wouldn't mind getting to know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Have never recognised anyone, to my disappointment.

I browse through those threads occasionally - It always amazes me the level of egomania some posters have. There are some saddos who literally have dozens of photos of themselves up in those threads. I just don't get how anyone could like themselves that much. Or why anyone would want to put a coy, semi naked photo of themself up on the internet for a load of people they don't know to perve over.

But some of the photos, 'me and my day old baby' and the like, are really lovely.

• Advertisement

And yeah I spotted two lads I used to work with in know your loungers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I do know some people yes. But I also think it's kinda creepy to create a thread like this. People post pictures on boards because they would like to feel part of the community, or just to allow others to put a face to a username. Not to be scared shitless by some unknown poster who has the upper hand on them.

Do you have a pic of yourself on boards OP? Just so I know what you look like, you never know. I might know you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

chin_grin wrote: »
    That's the joke. :pac:
    I read that my McBain voice.

Yeah twice but I never told them!

Have never recognised anyone, to my disappointment.

I browse through those threads occasionally - It always amazes me the level of egomania some posters have. There are some saddos who literally have dozens of photos of themselves up in those threads. I just don't get how anyone could like themselves that much. Or why anyone would want to put a coy, semi naked photo of themself up on the internet for a load of people they don't know to perve over.

But some of the photos, 'me and my day old baby' and the like, are really lovely.

you have no idea why they post what they post, would it be fair to call you sad for anonimously bitching about people you know nothing about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry but this will just lead down the path of discussing people's appearance, hotness or lack thereof.
    Since that is not allowed in the threads themselves it is also not ok here.

If you prefer OP there are a few threads on "have you ever met another boardsie in real life?" you can search for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement