Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

That's the exact problem I'm looking at, I can take so many huge names that I'd be stupid not to take, but can I get them to feud with Del Rio correctly? While there are other names that would be late picks next round that are a better fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I just realised that i picked Cena and Hogan last year and now have inadvertently chosen their early career counterparts. :rolleyes:

Your right BH, that seems like a very clever set up with the two stip rounds at the beginning. Where in previous years people would just go and grab those BIG names and then work the rest of the rosters around them. But now their already picked names have to be considered now. Great move BH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I know it's just the luck of the draw but I'm really feeling the effects of an uneven playing field. Any chance in future years we could take away the randomness for say, the first two rounds?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    I just realised that i picked Cena and Hogan last year and now have inadvertently chosen their early career counterparts. :rolleyes:

Your right BH, that seems like a very clever set up with the two stip rounds at the beginning. Where in previous years people would just go and grab those BIG names and then work the rest of the rosters around them. But now their already picked names have to be considered now. Great move BH!

I did something, yes i'll take credit go me.

ill be honest that was only something I thought of while observing the past 2 rounds but had wanted to move up the deceased wrestler rd for sure so that everyone could get a big name in it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Voltwad wrote: »
    I know it's just the luck of the draw but I'm really feeling the effects of an uneven playing field. Any chance in future years we could take away the randomness for say, the first two rounds?

If the general consensus was that this should be the case and I was still running the draft i'd atleast argue the case to D2D (assuming he is too), Flah brought this up and as I said to him I did too in a previous year but most liked the random nature of the draw and tbh so do I*

*once you dont get screwed in the draw like there is a CONspiracy going on that is

I did something, yes i'll take credit go me.

ill be honest that was only something I thought of while observing the past 2 rounds but had wanted to move up the deceased wrestler rd for sure so that everyone could get a big name in it.

Aye it's a much better idea than having it late last year. Just looking at some big dead names left that would benefit anyones roster, unlike last year were people ended up with some real duds

If the general consensus was that this should be the case and I was still running the draft i'd atleast argue the case to D2D (assuming he is too), Flah brought this up and as I said to him I did too in a previous year but most liked the random nature of the draw and tbh so do I*

*once you dont get screwed in the draw like there is a CONspiracy going on that is
    To be honest I dont think it needs to be changed. It's frustrating getting low numbers early on, but one match doesn't win this thing, it's the whole card. I know a PPV with a great selection of mid card matches would get a higher vote than a one match show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got my phone connection working so shouldnt be any trouble making my pick when its time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Looking in on it I think randomness is great, but to even it up you need to do it in 2 round increments. No reason why it should be possible for a top 5 pick right the way through. Draw the randoms and then do the opposite order the next round and then every 2nd round randomise it again is what I'd do tbh...

Was anyone else having o2 phone internet problems yesterday/this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Sorry bout the delay having internet probems at home and in work at the mo so should have my pick up tonight sorry again lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

ah damn it no.20 in such a vital round cant complain so much since got no.1 last time

To be honest I dont think it needs to be changed. It's frustrating getting low numbers early on, but one match doesn't win this thing, it's the whole card. I know a PPV with a great selection of mid card matches would get a higher vote than a one match show

Also, doinf a flip of numbers could be rough on people who get drawn in the middle; the random draws may be tough on people but i do think its the fairest way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Liam O wrote: »
    Looking in on it I think randomness is great, but to even it up you need to do it in 2 round increments. No reason why it should be possible for a top 5 pick right the way through. Draw the randoms and then do the opposite order the next round and then every 2nd round randomise it again is what I'd do tbh...

Exactly my suggestion earlier. You stil have the craic of the draws every couple of rounds but also a more even distribution of talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

flahavaj wrote: »
    Exactly my suggestion earlier. You stil have the craic of the draws every couple of rounds but also a more even distribution of talent.
    Except stip rounds through that out the window as it allows you to get people you can't normally which means going first in the stip round vs. going last in the 10th round (making these up obviously) will have a big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Still having trouble deciding who to pick for this round, especially with being able to fued them against anyone having first pick next round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nice. I was hoping for my first top ten draw this year and landed number two. Spoiled for choice now on who to go for but what a delicious problem. :D

Walter hasnt been online since 6pm, doesnt look like we're gonna make any progress tonight

• Advertisement

He has until 4am, he'll post before then for sure.

cool, don't want to be holdong things up by being in work when my turn comes around

Right sorry lads, computer issues fixed, unfortunately Liz took my number 1 choice:P so i might be 10 or so minutes

Right sorry lads, computer issues fixed, unfortunately Liz took my number 1 choice:P so i might be 10 or so minutes

Make sure you spend those 10 minutes away from my top 5 picks ;)

DAMNIT WALTER!!!!!

DAMNIT WALTER!!!!!

Sorry broski!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

My top two picks are still there. *crosses fingers and waits for the inevitable back to back picks of them*:)

DAMNIT WALTER!!!!!

I take it he was in your fave five :rolleyes:

The very top of the five names,I'd be stunned if I got the new number 1 since I thought Walter was going to take him.

This is what makes the draft brilliant though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think this is accurate on how things stand up to walt's recent pick:

1. Cactus Colm ______Kurt Angle, Terry Gordy & Dr. Death Steve Williams
    2. Walter ___________ CM Punk, Kerry Von Erich
    3. Machismo Fan ____ John Cena,
    4. Teamshadowclan __ Brock Lesnar,
    5. CMPunked _______ Randy Orton, Andre the Giant
    6. BH _____________ Daniel Bryan, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon
    7. A Primal Nut _____ Sheamus,
    8. SlickRic _________ AJ Styles, Mr. Perfect
    9. Garseys _________ Dolph Ziggler, Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon
    10. TheBostonCrab __ Alberto Del Rio,
    11. campo _________ The Miz, Eddie Guerrero
    12. the groutch _____ Jay Lethal,
    13. Liz (tbc..........)__ Ted Dibiase Jnr and Cody Rhodes, Brian Pillman
    14. D2D____________ Air Boom, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
    15. Furious Red______ Bobby Roode, Mike Awesome
    16. MNG____________Batista, Mitsuharu Misawa
    17. glenjamin__________Samoa Joe, Bruiser Brody
    18. Volt______________Mr Anderson,
    19. Flah______________KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji, Chris Benoit
    20. Spongey__________Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre, Randy Savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Judging by recent posts all we need is teamshadowplan and we should finish this round tonight. Still some surpsringly good picks left.

• Advertisement

The very top of the five names,I'd be stunned if I got the new number 1 since I thought Walter was going to take him.

This is what makes the draft brilliant though!

Im 100% certain i know who its is because i was torn between him and Von Erich.. Infact im gonna PM to find out:pac:

I was just suprised to not see Von Erich picked in a tag team with one of his brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

I was just suprised to not see Von Erich picked in a tag team with one of his brothers

I think he was an NWA world champ at one stage, so that would prevent him from being picked as part of a team. Good pick though, had him in mind for mine at one stage, a good match up for cm punk. And I'm liking glenjamin's two picks so far too, samoa joe and brody... that would be one hell of a match!

Not eligable unfortunately, he won the NWA Title from Flair, at the Tribute show to David Von Erich(who was originally supposed to win it)

learning something new every day here

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

One of the great things about the draft is that it gives the perfect excuse to find out about wrestlers and wrestling beyond what you're used to. Before I took part in the draft I wouldn't have had a clue about people such as Bruiser Brody, or the miracle violence connection, and a good number more.

Looking at it then, i will defo get one of the two guys i want :)

Pick made. Happy enough considering where I am in this draw.

TBC's gonnna be pissed!

I can't believe I'm going to get who I'm going to pick....

• Advertisement

TBC's gonnna be pissed!
    AAAAAAARRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I'm going to get who I'm going to pick....

If its who I think it is, I can't believe he lasted that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If its who I think it is, I can't believe he lasted that long.

there's at least 3 who lasted far far too long.

I actually have a list of five names here in front of me, two of whom were top guys in recent times...

I'm trying to choose between two bigger guys, one modern, one from the 90s, as to which would be a better match for Brock...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I actually have a list of five names here in front of me, two of whom were top guys in recent times...

I'm trying to choose between two bigger guys, one modern, one from the 90s, as to which would be a better match for Brock...

Pretty sure I know who you are talking about the initial 5 and the 2 bigger guys. The 90s one I'd love to see fight Brock.

Dammit, now Punked has got a third name stuck in my head. One I knew was available but which I wasn't sure if he'd fit with Lesnar.

Jesus, the last thing I thought I'd have at pick 16 was a problem choosing. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

JUST FÚCKING DO IT!!!!!!!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Slow aul round this one.

When I saw my number for the dead wrestler round I had five names in front of me in ranking order to go against Del Rio

1)Pillman
    2) Von Erich
    3) Rick Rude

If my other two go in the next two picks there will be murder! And number 4 is a big guy so now I'm ****ting it!

• Advertisement

I was hoping and praying for either Perfect, Bulldog, Van Erich or Rude. Sorry for messing up your plans TBC but rest assured it's happened to me as well and I have a ****e draw again next round.

Advertisement