Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Icky blackheads :/

• 19-11-2011 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been covered here before, but I have a rather annoying blackhead problem.

Basically, my skin is perfectly clear (when I'm on the pill, when I'm not I have 4-5 spots on my face) everywhere except my nose, and to a lesser extent, my chin. I'm not talking a few blackheads here, my nose has more little dots than a strawberry.

I've tried pore strips, and scrubs and washes which say they're designed especially for blackheads or spot-prone skin.

My skin is very dry even if I just wash it with water, so I use a moisturiser for spot-prone skin, from Simple. I never wear make up.

Budget is a factor, and also I'm not really one for going and getting things done to me, like facials, I'm just not comfortable with it. So, any home ideas for getting rid of these damn things? I've had them for as long as I can remember

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

My skin is very dry even if I just wash it with water, so I use a moisturiser for spot-prone skin, from Simple. I never wear make up.
    If you are on the pill and don't have spots you don't need to use a moisturiser for spots.

That moisturiser I'm guessing is what's making your skin dry.

You are better off with a moisturiser for dry skin and just using the one for spot prone skin when you do have spots.

You can get cheap moisturisers in Boots (and most pharmacies).

I've heard before though that for moisturisers you shouldn't skimp as they sit on your face all day long so you should get something good.

That said, you could try the most expensive moisturiser and it might not do anything for your skin and a cheaper one would be better.

Advertisement