Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Artists - Presents for the wife

• 19-11-2011 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I was wondering if there was anywhere I could find a list of Irish art produced in 1961. I tried Google to no avail.
    I am thinking of buying her a picture either produced in the year of her birth or by an artist born in the same year as her.
    I would be interested in any replies other than "blast her with piss" I have tried this but for some reason she doesnt seem to appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

One of the arts forums might be a better place to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

FionnRua wrote: »
    I would be interested in any replies other than "blast her with piss" I have tried this but for some reason she doesnt seem to appreciate it.

Sounds like you need a divorce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

whens the birthday OP? cant be long now, and its a big one as well, better be something good, whatever you get..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Not 1961 but as close as you'll get I thinks

http://www.jimfitzpatrick.ie/update/che.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭FionnRua

Thanks for the replies.
    Dont particulaly like Jim Fitzpatrick.
    The birthday is December
    You are right - its a big one.
    So far no indication of divorce although that could change with the non availability of a suitable prezzie (only joking she is a gem and not like that at all).

• Advertisement

By the way Mods please move to one of the Arts forums if they are more suitable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Blast her with piss.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read the OP in it's entirety. You've already tried this. My apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

FionnRua wrote: »
    I was wondering if there was anywhere I could find a list of Irish art produced in 1961. I tried Google to no avail.
    I am thinking of buying her a picture either produced in the year of her birth or by an artist born in the same year as her.

I'm not sure about 1961, but perhaps an alternative could be to get a photograph of the two of you together, or of her in some memorable place, and ask a painter could she/he make a painting based on it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What a shít present.

• Advertisement

Bringing home the Bacon aint gonna work (how much will that cost FFS) although the ad on the side ... maybe
    Good thinking about the painting of the photo. We got one of those done on the wedding day and I have to say it is my most hated picture of all time. Thanks for the suggestion though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

This lady is an amazing sculptor, not born in 1961 but could do something nice for you or may have something already done that your OH may like.
    My dad bought many pieces for my mother, stunning.

http://www.annmeldonhugh.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

In my brutal opinion, and it's just a thought, perhaps you shouldn't dwell on the year so much. Your somewhat limiting your options. Maybe you could just get something from any year ? Something you know she will like for sure to be sure. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

or just order newspaper from day she was born....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That's a horrible idea for a present. That's even lamer than those newspapers from the day you were born. As if I give a **** about what happened on my birthday 20 years ago.

Here, I'll draw a picture of me in the nip with a dog, put a fake date on the bottom and sell it to you for 20quid.

Advertisement