Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yale HSA3600 - Some questions. Help needed!

• 19-11-2011 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Am going to install one of these hopefully tomorrow and reading the manual at the moment.

http://ukpanels.com/downloads/Yale/HSA3600.pdf

Just wondering about a couple of things... not sure about the Jumper Switches section, the J6's, J5's etc... :confused:

Also, I'd love to know a bit more about the 'home mode', not fully grasping the explanation from the manual :o

Say I have a door/window contact on the front door, another on the back door, another on a window in one bedroom and one more on a window in another bedroom. And a PIR Sensor in the third bedroom, and another PIR Sensor in the bathroom - My question is can you use any combination of these to create a 'home mode'? Ideally, I want to select all the door/window contacts and the third bedroom that will have the PIR Sensor all set to 'home mode'.... :confused:

So confused is the word! Would really appreciate any help with the above or indeed any tips from anyone that has installed a similiar system...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

I would stay away from this system.

Here is a post from an an installer of this alarm:

hey guys just wanted to say sorry for those posts...i dont know why i kept goin over the top over a stupid yale alarm...after i read what ye guys had to say about them i put the one i had to the test...using a 433.92mhz device such as a gate remote, i set the alarm waited for the delay to run out and opened the door and windows that had a sensor while pressing the remote and the alarm did not activate...when i asked yale why this was they gave my a stupid answer...plus they have it written on their website not to have a PIR aimed at a window protected by a door contact because they could both activate and cancel each other out!!!:eek:

Advertisement