Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Snip" question?

Options
  • 19-11-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just looked at an old message I posted in reply to someone interested in solar electricity panels. It looks to me like the end of my message has been removed from your website. There is a message left at the end of my post saying "no Shilling".
    The piece of my message removed if I remember correctly mentions a website I set up for educational purposes at <snip> Am I to understand from what has happened that boards.ie does not support their users having access to educational material?
    There are links on my site to commercial websites which provide renewable energy products and services, but I am in no way charging these sites for advertising or financially linked to them in any way.
    Did the original thread poster at least get my message without you editing it?
    All the best.
    Rob

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As the T&C's clearly stated when you signed up, you're not allowed to advertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭macraignil

I do not have a commercial website. I was not advertising. I was simply trying to help the original starter of the thread find more information on what they were interested in. Is telling someone where they can find more information advertising?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You were promoting your website, that's advertising. The fact that's it's not commercial is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭macraignil

Can you answer my question on weather or not the original starter of the thread could read my message unedited?
    It was not my intention to be promopting my website. I have no commercial or financial return from the site. I repeat I was trying to share information.

I have no way of knowing whether or not, or when, your posts were seen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement