Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 connecting to game issues

Options
  • 19-11-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone experiencing issues this evening?

Was playing fine last night turn on this evening to play and keeps saying "could not connect to server" and also "youve been kicked from server"

No noticable solutions online, all relative to beta.

Anyone any ideas, trying to join TiG, it loads up in game and just as it finishes the load screen bumps me out saying youve been kicked from server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Punkbuster issue? manually update it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Updated punkbuster and its not even giving an error message anymore, crashing to desktop while showing me through battlelog as ingame

Rather frustating, I've not done anything system wise in terms of any updates, there is no reason this should have stopped working since last night

Battlelog says joining game then loading level

"Game got disconnected, you were kicked from the game"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Disabling UPnP in your router seems to be a common fix.

Spear wrote: »

:/ kinda use that for networking stuff, but I'll give it a try :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

also getting this, seems a lot of other people are too starting out of the blue about three days ago I think, feck sake!

tried this, still not working :mad:

seems to be an issue with punkbuster, can connect to non-pb servers fine just their probably riddled with cheaters :(

you on windows 7 doc? most people that are having problems seems to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

close down steam or xfire if you have them installed.
    I was getting this a while ago, until i closed them.

I htink its something to do with xfires in game thing.
    not sure what it is about steam though.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    close down steam or xfire if you have them installed.
    I was getting this a while ago, until i closed them.

I htink its something to do with xfires in game thing.
    not sure what it is about steam though.

no joy :(

dont have xfire installed, closed down steam and got the same result

• Advertisement

no joy :(

dont have xfire installed, closed down steam and got the same result

it sounds more like you need to update your punkbuster.

follow the instructions on here:

http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

have done everything dude! update, delete, re-install!

the lads on the non-pb servers are there because theyre having the same problems as me(apart from the one guy thats cheating his hole off), seems to be a problem with pb and 64bit os

have you tried going to task manager and ending the punkbuster processes?
    then see if ya can get into a server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

have done everything dude! update, delete, re-install!

the lads on the non-pb servers are there because theyre having the same problems as me(apart from the one guy thats cheating his hole off), seems to be a problem with pb and 64bit os

Aside from the updates, there's the Punkbuster services. The same pbsvc.exe that installs them can also run a diagnostic against them. I've happily run PB on a 64bit OS for many years.

Aside from the updates, there's the Punkbuster services. The same pbsvc.exe that installs them can also run a diagnostic against them. I've happily run PB on a 64bit OS for many years.

yep have done everything! It just started 2/3 days ago, I think after a minor windows update

Yeah I'm with Sam on this one, have done extensive troubleshooting. I did not however update anything on windows

I'mo n windows 7 64bit Sam.

Going by forums, battlefield forums and EA forums, this is a very widespread issue, I've still been unable to connect to a game the last few days : /

me too dude!

f*cked around with a load of stuff today and eventually got to a stage where I was able to connect to PB servers but the screen would just be black also when I loaded a single player campaign it was just frozen on the background picture :mad:

So I deleted the whole game and am currently re-downloading it (uninstalling through origin or add/remove programs wouldnt work for some reason so I had to feck the whole folder in the bin)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah I'm with Sam on this one, have done extensive troubleshooting. I did not however update anything on windows

I'mo n windows 7 64bit Sam.

Going by forums, battlefield forums and EA forums, this is a very widespread issue, I've still been unable to connect to a game the last few days : /

I played 4 games last night and got kicked crashed or server shut down from about 12 games

A here this is in bits, nearly a week now without a game

Cant install this patch, keeps opening origin and asking me to buy the game

Well I'm able to play on servers without punkbuster, so there is the problem.

The worst designed and implemented software to hit the internet, strikes again

Reading all this jazz about uninstall it and reinstall, cant find where to uninstall it from.

Also see tlak of these services running on the pc, but I cant find mine.

****ing me nut it is, just going to reinstall the ****er

Typical battlefield, great game, mared by bugs and glitchy ****e not even relative to the game, this is BF2 all over again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

check their forums to see if your AV is killing it.

Dont run anti virus, I'm not a spa when I'm on the internet and havnt got a virus..ever...touch wood.

That link you gave there just links to the punkbuster setup page

Anyone got a link to somewhere that outlines how to uninstall completely and reinstall, its a proper pain in me tits at this stage

ya the uninstall/remove hardware function wouldn't work for me either so I just deleted the whole freakin folder and downloaded it again :eek:

youre missing out on an awesome game bro!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

In the number of weeks I've owned this game I have managed to connect to one server. Once. For 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

It takes me precisely 4 attempts to connect to a server.

here's how it goes:

1. Connect to server, loading level, then 'BF3 has stopped working'
    2. Connect again. Error 'you cannot connect to the server (1)'
    3. Connect again. Error 'you have been disconnected from EA online'.
    4. Connect again, and eventually connect.

Every single time without fail. And these don't include the random lock-up and BF3 crashes during play.

It wasn't this way before the patch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I get this exact run of disconnects too. I only used to get the first two before the patch. Sometime it joins the game perfectly first time others its the above problem! I think this started with the last Battlelog update.

Edit: @Dublin_Gunner What are your computer specs btw? We might have similar setups or something.

Mine:

64bit Windows 7
    Q6850 @ 3.4Ghz
    EVGA 580 GTX SC
    4gb Ram
    X-FI Fatality Pro 64mb

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I get this exact run of disconnects too. I only used to get the first two before the patch. Sometime it joins the game perfectly first time others its the above problem! I think this started with the last Battlelog update.

Edit: @Dublin_Gunner What are your computer specs btw? We might have similar setups or something.

Mine:

64bit Windows 7
    Q6850 @ 3.4Ghz
    EVGA 580 GTX SC
    4gb Ram
    X-FI Fatality Pro 64mb

The only thing we share is the OS :)

Athlon II x4 @ 3.8
    9800GT / HD4870 / GTX570 (though now busted :( ) I've tested with, and same results. Getting a HD6870 Toxic edition this evening, but I'll imagine I'll have the same problems.

The issue lies with either battlelog or the game itself since the update. They're the only things that have changed in my setup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Same, I wonder is it a browser issue? I'm using chrome so i'll give firefox a shot and see how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I had a huge amount of issues at the start but after doing port forwarding on my router it worked fine until latest patch. Now I have to connect a few times to the same server for it to work (usually three I think) and then it's stable after that.

I think I used this post as a guide:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/lws7e/ports_for_port_forwarding_or_qos_of_bf3/

but there are a few out there all saying exactly the same thing.

The game was essentially unplayable for me before I did this, maybe 20 servers in europe coming in at under 50ms on the browser, those difficult to connect and never 10 minutes without a drop. Shocking stuff really to be honest, I'm using the router BT gave me with the broadband which must therefore be one of the most common in use in the UK. Was unimpressed with that level of mucking about just to get the game vaguely stable.

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Same, I wonder is it a browser issue? I'm using chrome so i'll give firefox a shot and see how I get on

Don't bother - I use FF.

Advertisement