Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 connecting to game issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

It takes me precisely 4 attempts to connect to a server.

here's how it goes:

1. Connect to server, loading level, then 'BF3 has stopped working'
    2. Connect again. Error 'you cannot connect to the server (1)'
    3. Connect again. Error 'you have been disconnected from EA online'.
    4. Connect again, and eventually connect.

Every single time without fail. And these don't include the random lock-up and BF3 crashes during play.

It wasn't this way before the patch.

Exact same situation here man, everytime I turn my PC on this is the case. Once the game does finally run it doesn't crash too often, but it can be sporadic at times. No idea why this happens after every time I boot up. **** sake DICE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

lahcen86 wrote: »
    Exact same situation here man, everytime I turn my PC on this is the case. Once the game does finally run it doesn't crash too often, but it can be sporadic at times. No idea why this happens after every time I boot up. **** sake DICE

We're not the only ones suffering this - seems to be a common enough issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hawkeyes

here's how it goes:

Every single time without fail. And these don't include the random lock-up and BF3 crashes during play.

I just started getting some of these error messages yesterday (games been running just fine up until then) and I figured out it was because I'd set my hard drives turn off after 20 minutes.Changed them back to always on and the games running fine again.

Long shot I know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

DapperGent wrote: »
    I had a huge amount of issues at the start but after doing port forwarding on my router it worked fine until latest patch. Now I have to connect a few times to the same server for it to work (usually three I think) and then it's stable after that.

I think I used this post as a guide:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/lws7e/ports_for_port_forwarding_or_qos_of_bf3/

but there are a few out there all saying exactly the same thing.

The game was essentially unplayable for me before I did this, maybe 20 servers in europe coming in at under 50ms on the browser, those difficult to connect and never 10 minutes without a drop. Shocking stuff really to be honest, I'm using the router BT gave me with the broadband which must therefore be one of the most common in use in the UK. Was unimpressed with that level of mucking about just to get the game vaguely stable.

I dont think I've issues with port forwarding , I dont think ive even done anything with ports since like 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Ye I guess an easy solution that fixed issues for many players is probably something you should ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay i am just getting kicked all morning from servers. and now i joined server and got kicked by punk buster.... wtf?!

just stumbled on this:

http://bf3blog.com/tag/punkbuster/

pricks...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

DapperGent wrote: »
    Ye I guess an easy solution that fixed issues for many players is probably something you should ignore.

No need to get ancy from me not deciding to use your solution.

While I appreciate it, the finger is firmly pointed at punkbuster as reported by the error message I am receiving.

I'm also connected directly to my router by Ethernet which 9 times out of 10 eradicates any issues with port forwarding immediatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

When does the hurting stop?:(

After the farce of connection issues with black ops ( which still persists to this day ) I honestly thought BF3 would be different, a more stable game according to fourms. But no the pain still goes on. I have the game since sat and I have managed to play in campaign mode for about 5 mins before my pc crashes requiring the power button needs to be held in to reboot the pc.

I managed to connect to a server in multiplayer mode once so far.

I have tried most things, UnDp, punk buster, router changes, typing commands in ''cmd'', putting gfx to low but nothing works.

Win 7 64 bit
    Quad Q6600 2.4
    8 GB Ram
    Ati HD 4870

If there is a god out there I demand he releases a patch to fix the above issues:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kidlar

guys i went thru this whole problem, i updated punkbuster manually reinstalled windows, reinstalled bf3 and origin multiple times. the only way i got the game to work was thru this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruw73Pwa8IM&feature=related
    hope it helps

Kidlar wrote: »
    guys i went thru this whole problem, i updated punkbuster manually reinstalled windows, reinstalled bf3 and origin multiple times. the only way i got the game to work was thru this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruw73Pwa8IM&feature=related
    hope it helps

It doesnt give an iption to install. How on earth are you a member since 2009 with 1 post? lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kidlar

Actually this only worked the one time for me, when i left that server i was on i had the same problem all over again. Finally i checked the firewall on my router and lowered the level of stuff it stopped and that has seemed to work every since.

p.s.
    didnt make any posts cause i didnt have anything to say really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

could also be your anti-virus

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Just an FYI,

The latest nvidia drivers released on Nov 28th - seems to have resolved all my disconnection issues/ crashes at the map change etc

I disabled the Udnp on my eircom router and it now lets me join into servers. I did try this before and it didnt help so thats confusing. I have discovered that the ram on my card is only 244mb & not the 512 recommended so I guess that is causing my crashing. I now get the '' please close the game running in the backround '' error, I hope tomorrows patch fixes this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

here's how it goes:

Exact same here, I also get Black Screen in between map changes 50% of the time

Using Chrome,

Advertisement