Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Tamper problem

Options
  • 20-11-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

New to the forum, I have a HKC alarm that was installed by an Alarm installer a few years ago on a new build. I currently have fault and a message on the panel. "Open Tampers... T2 PatioDoor" with about a week or so, I thought I would try this forum first before ringing the installer on Monday. The alarm type is the one per the manual here.

I have had a look at a few threads and tried the default installer code which doesn't work.

I took a picture of the patio door PIR (attached) to give an idea of what kind it is. I unscrewed the box to see was there any tamper buttons but there was nothing obvious.

Is there anything I can do on my end or will I just ring installer on Monday?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

A tamper would be due to the connection of the tamper in the patio door if that is all that is on the zone. If you open the contact, not the magnet on the moving frame, that is installed "should be a inertia/contact" and close it does it clear the fault ? Another option is to close off the tamper loop in this devise and see if the tamper disappears off the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Could be an old G2 contact, can you post a pic with the cover off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Thanks for your help folks, when I took off the cover and put it back on it didnt make any difference. I called the installer on Monday and waiting for him to call out now.
    I will post up a picture with the cover off when I get home. Cheers

No sign of installer today.
    Took a picture of whats under the cover. See attached images.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Unscrew the yellow and blue and twist them together in your hand and see if the fault clears.

Just to ad, be careful of the glass reed switch running along under the screws. It's very fragile and will break very easily.

• Advertisement

Like the attached picture. Do I need to put cover on or anything etc.

I just left it like that and the fault was still on the alarm.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You did it correctly. If the fault is still there it means the problem isn't at the contact. At this stage I would close off the tamper input on the corresponding zone in the panel and test the contact to make sure the alarm circuit Is okay.

You did it correctly. If the fault is still there it means the problem isn't at the contact. At this stage I would close off the tamper input on the corresponding zone in the panel and test the contact to make sure the alarm circuit Is okay.

Sounds like its something that the installer will have to do since the default installer code doesn't work so he must have changed it.

Thanks for your help, I will close up the contact and leave it for him, hopefully he will come tomorrow.

Cheers Fred.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭blackis200

bazual wrote: »
    Sounds like its something that the installer will have to do since the default installer code doesn't work so he must have changed it.

Thanks for your help, I will close up the contact and leave it for him, hopefully he will come tomorrow.

Cheers Fred.

Did you find a solution?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

6 years ago 🀔

• Advertisement
Advertisement