Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Spammers!

Options
  • 20-11-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Where are they all coming from? There seems to be loads on here now.
    When I report them by clicking the button on there name is that the best thing to do or should I be using the sticky thread on here?
    Can't you change the way you sign up to boards to make them all stop registering.
    It's so obvious too that it's spam too so why do they bother anyway?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When I report them by clicking the button on there name is that the best thing to do or should I be using the sticky thread on here?
    Can't you change the way you sign up to boards to make them all stop registering.

I would say do both so the forum mods can deal with it a soon as possible if the admins are busy or vise versa. :)

A lot of them are automated spambots, you can usually tell by the way their posts are worded if they're real people or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Well I personally think they're scum of the earth. I always report them. We all know the crap they come out with is just advertising and aren't going to fall for it. With there being so many now more than ever, I'm worried they're going to ruin this site. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I hate that.Starting pointless threads for no other reason other than just starting them.Shockin it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I hate that.Starting pointless threads for no other reason other than just starting them.Shockin it is.
    just for that, I'm now going to regularly post in the Gentlemen lounge :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

We're looking into some technical solutions for this issue, but spam is an issue for everybody on the internet. We can only do so much automated prevention without inconveniencing legitimate signups to a point where some of them will not sign up because it's "hassle". It's a fine line, but improvements can be made.

• Advertisement
Advertisement