Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to charge?

Options
  • 20-11-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

I have a potential client that is asking for long term work done on a big project. My own skill is that I am a usability designer with approx 2yrs experience. The project that I am undertaking for the client is large and ambitious.

I am thinking of charging 150 per day, I think that this is reasonable but lately I am thinking of pushing the rate to 175 per day? The client seems to be willing to pay anything but I don't want to push my luck on this and I want to charge a fair amount.

I want to charge the going rate, whatever that is? Is 175 per day a reasonable amount to ask considering that it is based on a 5 day week? Plus I am sure that based on the projects nature it will take up my time fully over the next few months.

Am I asking a reasonable amount at 175 per day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Maybe you could pose as a company and get a few quotes from other designers, most will have more experience but it might help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

The project that I am undertaking for the client is large and ambitious.

If you dont think you can do it, dont do it, you're wasting his time and money that could be spent on someone who can. Are you capable of completing the task at hand? Charge what you think you're worth. If its 175 a day, then charge 175 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

The average UK freelancer day rate runs to about £300, adjust up or down for experience and ability

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Sounds like I'm being cheap, maybe I should charge more;) I am good at what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Remember that's a day rate, how long term is the project?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

If your only starting into the business then charge between 75-150 thats what i usually do if i have a job coming in means i keep it cheaper that professionals and means that i get the experience of working in the industry for a client.

Advertisement