Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash in John's Park

• 20-11-2011 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

The cops had the road outside grange cohan in johns pk closed off for bout 3 hours today after a young lad on a scrambler crashed into a car. He never had a helmet on and is supposed to be in a bad way.
    Why do young lads like this do such stupid things??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

dunno coco-my brother did the same thing 10 years back on a motorbike-no helmet on his head,speeding and full of sauce. i reckon the attitude between peers in a group has alot to do with it and maybe a lack of education regarding the affects of speeding and wreckless driving.

hope the poor bugger is alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Some people like dicing with death.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

If people here are from Johns Park they will probally know the kind of people who go around on scramblers around the place. They make the place dangerous and rough looking, they could easily hurt a child or animal they way they drive around I frankly could not care if he is ok or not. They endanger other people so if they get hurt themselves no sympathy.

When you say young lad you mean teenager right? If its a child they parents are the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

According to WLR FM he was in his early 20's. Should of had more cop on. But I do feel sorry for his family who are now suffering because of his stupidity.

cococoady wrote: »
    According to WLR FM he was in his early 20's. Should of had more cop on. But I do feel sorry for his family who are now suffering because of his stupidity.

I would know him then if his early 20s, I am from around there. Riding around on a scrambler with no helmet, insurance and endangering kids and animals around the place. I dont know why people say stuff like I hope he is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

deisedave wrote: »
    I would know him then if his early 20s, I am from around there. Riding around on a scrambler with no helmet, insurance and endangering kids and animals around the place. I dont know why people say stuff like I hope he is ok.[/QUOTE]

Because any half decent person with not wish harm or a bad outcome on another regardless of the circumstances ,His someone's brother ,son , father etc..

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    I would know him then if his early 20s, I am from around there. Riding around on a scrambler with no helmet, insurance and endangering kids and animals around the place. I dont know why people say stuff like I hope he is ok.[/QUOTE]

Because any half decent person with not wish harm or a bad outcome on another regardless of the circumstances ,His someone's brother ,son , father etc..

I would have sympathy if it was a young lad on a motorbike who crashed and hurt themselves or a young lad in a car who crashed. This lad could of easily hurt someone, I know these lads and they do not care if they hurt someone and I just thank god they didnt hurt someone innocent. They rally around johns park kilcohan estates on scramblers all the time and the guards do nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I would have sympathy if it was a young lad on a motorbike who crashed and hurt themselves or a young lad in a car who crashed. This lad could of easily hurt someone, I know these lads and they do not care if they hurt someone and I just thank god they didnt hurt someone innocent. They rally around johns park kilcohan estates on scramblers all the time and the guards do nothing.

I know i live there too , but still wouldn't like to see them get hurt ,

[/B]

I know i live there too , but still wouldn't like to see them get hurt ,

Not as if I am praying for them to get hurt but not as if he was some innocent dude that was hurt. I am not saying I am happy he is hurt just stating it was his own fault and I have no sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

cococoady wrote: »
    The cops had the road outside grange cohan in johns pk closed off for bout 3 hours today after a young lad on a scrambler crashed into a car. He never had a helmet on and is supposed to be in a bad way.
    Why do young lads like this do such stupid things??

Because they are young. They have a sense of immortality and a belief that only bad things happen to other people, never them.

I hope he is going to be alright.

• Advertisement

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Because they are young. They have a sense of immortality and a belief that only bad things happen to other people, never them.

I hope he is going to be alright.

He was twenty one that is not exactly young and naive is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Yes it is.

I know I was a bit of a lunatic when I was 21. What were you like?

Yes it is.

I am twenty one lol I know the fella, and I aint going to say anything here because I dont think im allowed talk about people on this site. But he is a nutter and a trouble maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Yes it is.

I am twenty one lol I know the fella, and I aint going to say anything here because I dont think im allowed talk about people on this site. But he is a nutter and a trouble maker.

Any update on his condition and while I would not wish harm on anyone I do realise how dangerous they act and lack of respect to others they have I was passing that way yesterday I was wondering what happened I bet id know of this lad too if heard name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Used to go around on a scrambler aswell years ago. Sickened when they built houses on the land at bottom of gillview. Took a few slaps but was normally only into a ditch. Went on the roads once or twice but luckily never cracked off a car.
    Dunno the fella that crashed yesterday. Well I didn't hear any names so I might know him.
    Hopefully he be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lister_Petter

the thing is he probably is someones father even at the age of 20-23. And then all the joyriding on bikes.
    John Park is just "that sort of area" i think. I am glad i do not live in a place like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭lynnemc

what the hell do you mean "that sort of area" ? did you grow up with a silver spoon or something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

the thing is he probably is someones father even at the age of 20-23. And then all the joyriding on bikes.
    John Park is just "that sort of area" i think. I am glad i do not live in a place like that.

The lad is not from Johns Park he is from kilcohan.
    "that dirt of area" happens to be a quite spot with mainly older residents.

There are estates out the dunmore road that have gangs of youths running around that are complete b*****ds

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

lynnemc wrote: »
    what the hell do you mean "that sort of area" ? did you grow up with a silver spoon or something ?

Gwan oshea lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lister_Petter

Well, no offence mate, but you have to admit that much of Kilcohan and John's Park is a bit of an "antisocial behaviour blackspot". No wonder this happened out there. Just search on here for Kilcohan+teenagers and you'll get a raft of threads up. That whole wing of the city (Kilcohan, Lisduggan St Johns, Farran Pk, Ballybeg, Templars) is very working class so social issues like this tend to be concentrated there.

That chap will have learned his lesson from this episode I hope.

Its the same in Carrick at the Esso garage. THere's little feral chavs whizzing around all over the place on these sort of scooter things with engines but the Police do not do anything to stop it.
    The should be up there throwing the book at these people, and do them for not having tax, insurance and having no licence but yet they do not.

What gets me is that if my NCT was 1 day out, I would get it. It seems theres one (no) law for chavs and another for normal people.

Allowed continue with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

im 30 odd here and im still naive and learning in some aspects and makes me think about that addage life begins at 40ty thingmabob,,:),hes ok anyways nothing a few well placed staples didnt fix and wouldnt mind that lad usually is suited and booted on his bike,wears all his gear just very bad luck he had

Nypd wrote: »
    The lad is not from Johns Park he is from kilcohan.
    "that dirt of area" happens to be a quite spot with mainly older residents.

There are estates out the dunmore road that have gangs of youths running around that are complete b*****ds

The lad I was told it was is from Johns Park, wont mention names but is he a blonde lad? He might live in Kilcohan now but he was born and raised in Johns park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Well at least he's off the road for awhile,it might be a little safer now, he won't be such a hard man at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Yeah. They're all big hard men aren't they. This horror smash should soften his cough a bit. Scumbags who joyride like this need to be taken down a peg or two.
    One might think that this would serve as a lesson to other joyrider idiots, but alas most of these types have the itellectual capability of dogsh!te.

I mean it really is dispicable to joyride around on a scrambler like that, putting the public in great danger and also tearing up the green areas of the city.
    In Britain there is zero tolerance for this activity and there are hefty penalties and confiscation of the car/bike. I will wager that the area is a council estate, is it?
    The police here are either too lazy or incompetent to be bothered doing anything. It's no surprise that lawlessness reigns.

as far as i am aware, the majority of houses in johns park are privately owned.

if the laws in england are so fantastic maybe you should go live there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I heard the head injuries were fatal but i assume by some of the posts on here it's not true :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

I will be soon enough actually. And I ain't coming back!
    :D

Goodbye , and please don't come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Yeah. They're all big hard men aren't they. This horror smash should soften his cough a bit. Scumbags who joyride like this need to be taken down a peg or two.
    One might think that this would serve as a lesson to other joyrider idiots, but alas most of these types have the itellectual capability of dogsh!te.

I mean it really is dispicable to joyride around on a scrambler like that, putting the public in great danger and also tearing up the green areas of the city.
    In Britain there is zero tolerance for this activity and there are hefty penalties and confiscation of the car/bike. I will wager that the area is a council estate, is it?
    The police here are either too lazy or incompetent to be bothered doing anything. It's no surprise that lawlessness reigns.

Jesus, I'd say you can almost taste the silver spoon in the back of your throat it's so far up there! When you do move to England, hopefully you wont live near a council estate, it'd be an awful penance for you to have to live within a short walk of 'undesirables'.

Back on topic: I hope the guy is ok, but at the same time I hope he learned a bit of a lesson too.

Jesus, I'd say you can almost taste the silver spoon in the back of your throat it's so far up there! When you do move to England, hopefully you wont live near a council estate, it'd be an awful penance for you to have to live within a short walk of 'undesirables'.

Back on topic: I hope the guy is ok, but at the same time I hope he learned a bit of a lesson too.

Exactly I hope he aint dead but that he wont do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

I will be soon enough actually. And I ain't coming back!
    :D

i hope you are not hoping that the UK is gonna be a big golden egg that is gonna take you away from the social issues that Ireland face.
    the UK have far worse social and racial issues than Ireland face.

Your up yourself attitude and comments make me think that you are gonna get bitten on the backside fairly quickly.

• Advertisement

daftdave wrote: »
    i hope you are not hoping that the UK is gonna be a big golden egg that is gonna take you away from the social issues that Ireland face.
    the UK have far worse social and racial issues than Ireland face.

Your up yourself attitude and comments make me think that you are gonna get bitten on the backside fairly quickly.

Yeah your right, people dont realise that even tho Waterford has problems we are a really safe town compared to most other places in the world. This lad for example hurt himself and no one else, I love Waterford and if someone is moving to find work or better weather fair enough, but you will be hard pressed to find somewhere safer and a lower crime rate.

edit: As long as you avoid the city centre after 11 lol

Advertisement