Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dabs.ie & Delivery

• 20-11-2011 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Dabs.ie?

It says on their website that delivery is free for all items below 75 euro. See below.

http://www.dabs.ie/delivery-details

Now, I'm trying to make an order for a 500W ocz power supply, a sony DVD player and a bluetooth dongle, and the price comes to 84 euro. It says that I have to pay the delivery fees.

I started messing around with different products, and it looks like until you get to over a 90 euro basket, it says that delivery will cost you.

Whats up with this? Can they do that?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I would never order from Dabs again. It took me over nine months to sort out a cancellation and refund.

Their customer service can learn a lot from the likes of NTL or %insert another company with particularily bad customer service%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Beepstreet

I am having major problems with my delivery of a laptop I ordered from dabs over 2 weeks ago, they stated it arrived although it had not. After many many emails to them and there couriers company Parcelforce I still have little headway on the situation only that there looking 'into it' and I must wait till who knows when. I did all the work, even tracing my ( incorrect ref no) to its orginal owner and he did not recieve my order. They're is appalling communications between dabs and parcel force and neither company can give a straight answer. I am at my wits end and have even had to contact my bank and national ombudsman about the matter. I guess I have to wait and see. I need this computer fast and dabs promote themselves as an efficient,trustworthy company, but at the end of the day they have only cause me my time, stress and money and they dont even have a contact number. I strongly strongly advise anyone not to buy from the company. you will regret it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Beepstreet wrote: »
    I am having major problems with my delivery of a laptop I ordered from dabs over 2 weeks ago, they stated it arrived although it had not. After many many emails to them and there couriers company Parcelforce I still have little headway on the situation only that there looking 'into it' and I must wait till who knows when. I did all the work, even tracing my ( incorrect ref no) to its orginal owner and he did not recieve my order. They're is appalling communications between dabs and parcel force and neither company can give a straight answer. I am at my wits end and have even had to contact my bank and national ombudsman about the matter. I guess I have to wait and see. I need this computer fast and dabs promote themselves as an efficient,trustworthy company, but at the end of the day they have only cause me my time, stress and money and they dont even have a contact number. I strongly strongly advise anyone not to buy from the company. you will regret it.

My last order was from scan.co.uk. Used to use Dabs.ie for ages but noticed lately they have had much less stock in. The trick with Dabs is to never order items awaiting stock. I had to return one thing to Dabs and the RMA went efficiently, I must add UPS was their courier at that stage.
    Lately I've noticed less stock, Paypal payment option removed which has put me right off them. They were reasonable but I wonder is the recession causing these problems for them? They clearly arn't stocking as much as they used to, and Paypal charges are pricey which may be why they dropped that option?
    I didn't have to scan Electricity Bills, Passports like Dabs required to prove you were a legit customer using scan.co.uk, I remember Dabs delayed my first order a few days with that system!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Beepstreet

Sorry to hear you had so much bother with them too:( my problem wasn't with the stock( but interesting to know they fail in that section also) I found out there now dabs.com and have been bought from BT in the u.k for the past while. After many more failed back and forth emails on my part, I had to resort to contacting the ECC European customer centre and they suddenly changed and sent me out a new one. It is due to arrive by wednesday, there sending me mails now full of apologies and honestly I dont care, I wont be thanking them for anything and wont ever use them again. If they had just believed me and respected me as a customer of their company this would have been resolved long ago. Best of luck with future online purchases, this experience has made me alot more wary :)

Advertisement