Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Courier Jobs

• 20-11-2011 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I've basically had it with the midlands and am trying to find work in Dublin in order to move up there. My friend suggested today that I become a courier as I have a bike & GIVI box. Never thought of it before but it did raise a few questions.

Are there many courier jobs around these days?
    Can on make a reasonable living off of it?
    How in depth should your grasp of 'the knowledge' be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

there are easier jobs
    i made good money at it but that was in the 90's so i don't know (you'd hAVE TO MAKE GOOD MONEY TO BE ARSED TBH)
    you need to know your way around and be good with maps but you'll never know till you try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

1) Yes loads of jobs
    2) Not a chance
    3) The less of Dublin you know the less you make.

As Tigger said, there was big money in it before and during the boom. There used to be a basic wage but now most companies only pay dockets, so now even experienced couriers are making more from the dole.

If you want to spend money to sit around Dublin, get a Taxi. At least you'd be out of the wind and rain as you burn money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tigger wrote: »
    there are easier jobs
    i made good money at it but that was in the 90's so i don't know (you'd hAVE TO MAKE GOOD MONEY TO BE ARSED TBH)
    you need to know your way around and be good with maps but you'll never know till you try

Tigger you and I must have definitely crossed path's then.

Advertisement