Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 pubs of Xmas possible on Stephen's Day

Options
  • 20-11-2011 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if it is possible to do the 12 pubs of Xmas on Stephens Day. It looks like the only day my mates will be able to do it this year and we'd love to do it in town. We did it around the Grafton St area last year, but not sure if they are open.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

It used to be that all 'union' pubs used to close on Stephen's Day, and only the more family-run ones would open. That's not really the way anymore, but there are still a fair few places that close. I was talking to a barman one year who said they tried opening but the place was dead. Then again I've been in other pubs on Stephen's day that were packed. It's actually a big night for trad musicians, so if you look for their kind of pubs they're bound to be open. I would say you'll have no trouble finding 12 pubs. Maybe make a plan and ring ahead to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My birthday falls on that night and I've always found it pot luck as to where is open, down the years. Definitely more closed than open but you will find places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

...and whatever pubs do open, some will be closed again by about 6 or 7 in the evening.

Advertisement