Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

teach yourself keyboard

• 20-11-2011 2:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,
    keen on getting a keyboard and learning to play piano with it. could anyone give me tips on what to look for when buying a keyboard
    also as i cant afford lessons at present, could someone please give me pointers as material or books i could use to teach myself how to play the piano
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Suggestion: Buy a piano if you want to learn to play one, not just a "keyboard". A real piano feels completely different to an electronic keyboard (even the more expensive ones with weighted keys). They look nicer too....

You'll pick up something usable for a couple of hundred euro.

Then maybe use whatever you've saved and pay for some lessons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭shesalady

Hi
    so defintiely lessons then
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Quirkygirl

Hi I taught myself, you can do it too, my husband bought me a few lessons in waltons on keyboards, and it was a basic intro for 4 weeks, i bought a few good basic easy books and just started playing myself, I am as far as grade 4 pieces now in a few years, you need to spend 15 minutes a day practicing, best of luck. i bought books on amazon/ebay. my hubby also bought me piano for dummies but i personally don't like it, I think its quite complicated, its v thorough but a bit too much for me. Best of luck.

Advertisement