Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you click on the little downwards facing arrow...

• 20-11-2011 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

... that is in front of the thread title, it takes you to your first unread post in the thread.

This changes everything.

What other secrets of boards have I yet to discover?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

i can't believe you never realised this in six years on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

yeah come on, everybody knows that....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I just figured it was just to let people know 'posts have been put in here', admittedly I felt it was a little redundant, but who am I to question the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

FatherLen wrote: »
    yeah come on, everybody knows that....:o

Of course...who doesn't ? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

What are the stars for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Is there any quick and easy way of finding a post you made in a thread, say one thats 50 pages long, and you posted in it months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

John Doe1 wrote: »
    What are the stars for?

To guide you in the night - usually only works on the 25th December for some reason. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

I clicked tonight...

Is there any quick and easy way of finding a post you made in a thread, say one thats 50 pages long, and you posted in it months ago?

Oh, I am all over this one. Man, what you do is, you open the thread. Then in the top right hand corner there is an option that says 'search this thread', click on that mother fucker. Then a little search box thing will drop down and under it in blue text there will be a dealy that says 'Advanced Search'. Click on that mother fucker too. A screen will pop up with search boxes with options to 'search by keyword' or 'search by user name'. Type your user name into the second bad boy there and hit enter on that bitch. All the posts you made in the thread will materialise. The shit's like magic yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Well, if you click on the number of posts in the thread, it brings up a list of members and their posts in that particular thread. If that makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Click on the number of posts in a thread. You'll be amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

strobe wrote: »
    Oh, I am all over this one. Man, what you do is, you open the thread. Then in the top right hand corner there is an option that says 'search this thread', click on that mother fucker. Then a little search box thing will drop down and under it in blue text there will be a dealy that says 'Advanced Search'. Click on that mother fucker too. A screen will pop up with search boxes with options to 'search by keyword' or 'search by user name'. Type your user name into the second bad boy there and hit enter on that bitch. All the posts you made in the thread will materialise. The shit's like magic yo.

You have a way with words:D

Degag wrote: »
    Well, if you click on the number of posts in the thread, it brings up a list of members and their posts in that particular thread. If that makes sense

:eek: It's true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Oh, I am all over this one. Man, what you do is, you open the thread. Then in the top right hand corner there is an option that says 'search this thread', click on that mother fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]ker. Then a little search box thing will drop down and under it in blue text there will be a dealy that says 'Advanced Search'. Click on that mother fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]ker too. A screen will pop up with search boxes with options to 'search by keyword' or 'search by user name'. Type your user name into the second bad boy there and hit enter on that bitch. All the posts you made in the thread will materialise. The sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t's like magic yo.
    Ok, just take my money and leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Recently received a modship....

the things I've seen, the things I've seen

*Takes a gulp of whiskey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Degag wrote: »
    Mind = Blown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Thats cool no more shall I have to scroll this will come in handy in the ylyl thread in cool pics :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Where is this arrow? :o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Recently received a modship....

the things I've seen, the things I've seen

*Takes a gulp of whiskey

Fora look completely different when you mod them, and the back end of the site is pretty big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

welcome to boards Samuel L Jackson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

:eek:

Mind. Blown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

TheZohan wrote: »
    Fora look completely different when you mod them, and the back end of the site is pretty big.

And thats just dr.bollocks ban list.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

TheZohan wrote: »
    Are you saying it's got a fat arse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

We must scientist the informs at once!

I used to be a mod too but had to leave because of the psychological damages caused by what you see once the change comes.

Oh the horrors, the horrors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I only found out yesterday that, by clicking the dropdown menu on the home page beside 'my threads' and click 'thanks', you not only get the post of the day, but all the runners up too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Where is this arrow? :o:o:o

It's immediately to the left of the thread title, and only appears if there are new posts since the last time you visited the thread. You might have to F5 the forum listing.

It doesn't appear (for me, anyway) on the mobile version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

:eek: It's true!

How in the name of Jesus have you been able to keep up with threads til now!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Nine years and Mod here. :o

i always use the right-facing arrow beside the last post since it usually automatically goes to the last new post on a thread for me, or the first post if i havent read the thread

you know if you highlight the envelope on the far left beside a thread, it'll say "you have x posts in this thread, last one at ..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

I know what a tracker mortgage is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

... that is in front of the thread title, it takes you to your first unread post in the thread.

This changes everything.

If you press Alt+F4 you go directly to the post in the thread with the most thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

At the top left of the screen, if you click the little 'folder' icon just before the thread title, it will reload the page.

Also, if you press Ctrl+D a 3 times quickly, it will 'mark' this thread, making it easy to find in future, from anywhere on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Dotrel wrote: »
    If you press Alt+F4 you go directly to the post in the thread with the most thanks.

Fcuk you!!!
    9 effing tabs just went poof. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Fcuk you!!!
    9 effing tabs just went poof. :mad:

Haha, How could you fall for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

What have I be doing with my life. I am just having flashbacks of all that scrolling I have done over the years.

What am I going to do with all this free time I have now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

If you click the little paperclip/attachment icon to the right of the thread title, it will display a list of all attachments in the thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

This changes everything.

Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

i see no arrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

i see no arrow
    Just under the "Post Reply" at the top of the page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i never realised that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bluewolf wrote: »

you know if you highlight the envelope on the far left beside a thread, it'll say "you have x posts in this thread, last one at ..."

or that... wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

And if you click the thread name in a forum's subforum (e.g. "You Laugh You Lose" directly from After Hours) - it takes you to the first unread post
    If you click the arrow close to it, it takes you to the last post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If you delete the System32 folder from your computer it loads webpages faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I is learning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I notice when most do screen grabs of other posts they are using standards boards colours.

Black FTW!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Is there no way to sort by most thanks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I notice when most do screen grabs of other posts they are using standards boards colours.

Black FTW!;)

Beta > Black

• Advertisement
Advertisement