Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which gun

Options
  • 20-11-2011 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Which gun do people normally use in all classes? I thought it would have been a case of they get better as you increase level but in assault class iv found myself sticking with the first gun you get.
    Am I missing something here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

For support i use m429 , basically spits bullets at the enemy, almost 900 kills with this weapon, it's class

For engineer i use the Scar-H, small mag, but kills so easily, very accurate and powerful, close second is the G3

Assault i use the m416, it's not a bad weapon, but not much fun to use, i'd recommend the AN-94, it's a late unlock and my favorite weapon in BC2

all weapons i use Foregrip, silencer and Red dot or IRNV scope (being nerfed soon thankfully, but too good not to use)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Some weapons are useless, some are just too great. Alot depends from your own preferences too.

I know scar is mentioned as very good weapon, but I can't stand it's small mag. I am going for G36c with engineer. Very good in low to med range fights. Low recoil and good size mag.

F2000 for assault. Great for low to med fights as its damage is just insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭RedRebel

Engineer: SCAR-H
    Assault: M249
    Recon: M98

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

RedRebel wrote: »
    Engineer: SCAR-H
    Assault: M249
    Recon: M98

HACK!

At the moment I am trying to get it so every main weapon has a 100 kills at least on my stats (for the stars!) so I havnt settled

But since I finished Assault first I found the m16 to be a good all rounder.

The An is better at longer range and the F2000 at close but the m16 knicks it by being the only one of those 3 that can put the shotgun/grenade launcher underbarrel which is a godsend on metro/grand bazaar (the shotgun, not the grenade launcher...thats just cheap)

I liked the a-91 for the engineer as its a wonderful gun to flank with.

And so far I hate pretty much every gun for the support except the m249

Havnt really started on recon only unlocked the sv98 and the defaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

All my guns go BLAM BLAM so I'm happy out so far. Haven't unlocked as much as I'd like yet because of my girlfriend, but I'm loving the Scar for engineer and the Msomethingorother with support (with extended mags)

Had a great game yesterday where I set the Myoke up on its bipod while I was watching an armed Mcom and mowed like a flymo. The amount of ribbons I got before I ran out of ammo was unreal. Then I remembered that I was the god of ammo and went back a-mowin. Good times.

I love this game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I've tried to try out most guns but these are the ones i use in each class:

Engineer: A-91 or SCAR H
    Assault: M4 or USAS12
    Support: M249 or USAS12
    Recon: Sks or M98b

My favourite at the moment is the USAS12 with the extended mad & explosive rounds! Its class!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Shotgun + red dot + slugs :P....epic :D
    (btw you can hold shift to hold breath for every weapon)

I like the F2000 atm though :) , none of the snipers really appeal to me, especially the one you unlock via CoOp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

recon: have only used the M39 EMR and have over 200 kills racked up with it. Fore grip + M145 scope + silencer = win.

I always used recon as a marksman and cap flags/get up close (never bother with the bolt actions), its a good weapon on the hop and you can kill at point blank if you get the first shots off.

engineer: SCAR-H with foregrip + M145 sight + silencer/heavy barrel. Will also use the AK-74SU.

Support: Will use the IAR-27 (foregrip + silencer + M145 scope) which I think is an excellent weapon which you can switch to single shot to suppress snipers at long range.

Have also used the M249 (M145 scope + extended mag + bipod) which is a good weapon. Have just unlocked the 240B which I quite like.

Assault: Used the KH2002 breifly as it is a good weapon at range and you will kill up close if you remember to click fast enough :-) Only just unlocked the HK416 which is a good all rounder and is not so bad for a bit of spray & pray.

I'm fairly crap with assault and recon so I stick to engineering and support. I prefer the SCAR-H with holo sight/foregrip/silencer and the M240 with holo sight and extended mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

I have unlocked all the weapons in the different classes except the co-op ones

Assault = AEK-971 ( far better than F-2000 people rave about, a brilliant gun)
    Engineer =A-91 ( lethal low recoil good range)
    Support = PKP Pecheneg ( good rate of fire low recoil accurate M60 too slow)
    Recon = SV98 deadly accurate over 500 kills with it my fav gun match with 4x PSO sight and no one can see glint from scope so you can kill unhindered :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Op you were right, the first gun you get is the best. M16a3 all the way, you'll have to swap to the ak-74m or something when playing as the russians (until you unlock everything in assault then you can pick it anytime)

I've tried all the assaults, f2000 great rate of fire for close range, an-94 is accurate for long range but slow rate of fire and the m16a3 for every range, its very accurate when burst fired and has a good rate of fire for close range

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Recon = SV98 deadly accurate over 500 kills with it my fav gun match with 4x PSO sight and no one can see glint from scope so you can kill unhindered
    <3

ACOG sight (since I find the PSO sight looks somewhat tarnished and unsightly :P) on sniper rifles on Grand Bazaar/Damavand Peak is great fun :D What're the low-power optics like for long distance though? I've never used anything below 7x for maps bigger than the above two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I love the 8x scope, its so much bigger than the PSO's and has a nice middle of the road magnification for almost all situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

CL32 wrote: »
    Had a great game yesterday where I set the Myoke up on its bipod while I was watching an armed Mcom and mowed like a flymo. The amount of ribbons I got before I ran out of ammo was unreal. Then I remembered that I was the god of ammo and went back a-mowin. Good times.

Can I get a translation please? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Robby91 wrote: »
    <3

ACOG sight (since I find the PSO sight looks somewhat tarnished and unsightly :P) on sniper rifles on Grand Bazaar/Damavand Peak is great fun :D What're the low-power optics like for long distance though? I've never used anything below 7x for maps bigger than the above two.

Haha I don't like the ACOG sight it just doesn't feel right I can't get any kills with it :confused:
    Starting to use the M98 more now
    And the Famas for assault class Is brilliant for CQB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

The only guns you will ever need.

Assault - AEK
    Engy - AKS-74u

All Kits - pp-19 (This gun is fantastic)

AS VAL is worthy of a mention too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah AEK is very nice at the moment but is getting nerfed next patch, so i'd say F2000 will be top dog again. Pillaged the mg36 from someones deadbody the other night, oooohhh very nice. Feck'in 50 suppresion kill asists is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Is there any website that compares time to kill etc for the weapons. Would be nice if it included the new weapons from the assignments too.

Advertisement