Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long hair help

Options
  • 20-11-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Can anyone suggest somewhere to get these or some equivalent in Dublin? Or any suggestions for keeping long hair under control when running really. I also have a fringe which I usually pin back or use a hairband - but any better suggestions would be great.

I'm getting sick of having to fix my ponytail every 20 minutes on a run.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭UnkieKev

captain P wrote: »
    Hello,

Can anyone suggest somewhere to get these or some equivalent in Dublin? Or any suggestions for keeping long hair under control when running really. I also have a fringe which I usually pin back or use a hairband - but any better suggestions would be great.

I'm getting sick of having to fix my ponytail every 20 minutes on a run.

Thanks!
    Haver you tried wearing a hat!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

UnkieKev wrote: »
    Haver you tried wearing a hat!

Too warm!

I wear one of these: thumbnail_ronhill_run_headband.jpg

or a hat in the cold, but I still need to keep my hair tied back!

Problem is the ponytail comes loose after a while, so I think better bobbins would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I have shoulder length layered hair and had the same problem.
    I find that two ponytails really works.

One on top of my head pulling the hair from behind my ears up into it
    and one at the nape of my neck with the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

huskerdu wrote: »
    I have shoulder length layered hair and had the same problem.
    I find that two ponytails really works.

One on top of my head pulling the hair from behind my ears up into it
    and one at the nape of my neck with the rest.

Thanks, I'll give that a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

boots have those goody bands and their hairbands are good too for running i usually pop a few clips in to keep it all back. The ronhill headband is great during the winter for keeping hair back. For the ponytail just make sure the bands are good and tight. I have long hair and don't have a problem with it... well except when its windy and the poytail is blown over into my face :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

I do 2 plaits
    pippi_longstocking_by_pipsquad.jpg:D

...but I do generally use a band or a hat too.
    I've a peaked nike cap that's really light and doesn't cause me to overheat at all, and a bondiband that's also sweatproof, doesn't slip and is also light enough to wear when it's warm.

Advertisement