Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using xbox 360 controller on pc

Options
  • 20-11-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

just got skyrim on the pc and i saw a couple guys streaming the game on jtv and they were using 360 controllers,i have a 360 with wireless controllers and wondering would these work?ive no idea how the pc would pick up the signal so im not sure,hopefully i wont have to buy some new stuff as im broke

i see on youtube videos of guys with special controlers with usb cables that connect to the pc,do i need to buy a new controler with a cable or just a cable? also i see guys that have a controller that comes with a wireless reciever you put into ur usb port but these costs about 60 quid :(

any info regarding the cheapest way to use controller with skyrim would be ggreatly appreciated

not sure if im posting in wrong section >_<

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

You can get a wireless receiver for your computer and then use your xbox controller with it that way.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000MGVAAQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321791094&sr=8-2

I don't use one so I couldn't tell you about it. I bought the wired one for the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

use a wired controller or if you have a plug and charge kit use that to connect the xbox controller to the pc via usb, it will automatically install the drivers, and just set map the controller in skyrim settings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The wireless recievers are fantastic. I've suffered 0 problems with it. No input lag, no 'wrong' button identifications (where a game would think A is RB or something i've had it with other controllers which is why i said lol)..

Overall it's brilliant. And works unbelievably spot on with Games for Windows LIVE games because it just knows you have an Xbox 360 controller plugged in.
    Only thing about it is that they can be quite pricey but when you think about it, you're getting the reciever AND a controller with it.

Wired pads are just as brilliant. I'm not a fan of wires though, personally lol

Advertisement