Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florence & The Machine - The O2, Dublin *No Ticket Sales/Swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

That’s ridiculous, I had my code, laptop booted up at home, tried logging onto the website at 9 on the dot and got nothing, website not available.. logged in remotely to my machine in work and tried their internet connection and still nothing, website overrun.. Then finally got on... and they’re sold out. Nice one O2 with your 10 priority tickets..

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Yep meant Olympia, my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Got mine through her site :)
    Although it spazzed out when I went for 2 standing tickets but 1 went through fine :/
    Oh well :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Odd, I had no hassle getting standing tickets. I was a bit anal though and had the ticketmaster tab open and hit F5 at 9am, bypassed the o2 blueroom site because I noticed it was acting up at a few minutes to 9.

Just found out my sister didn't get tickets either :( hopefully everyone will have more luck on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Cheers to the person who posted link to presale on Florence website..had no 02 code and never would have thought of there.Managed to get 3 standing....DELIGHTED!!Saw her at Electric Picnic before I really knew her music...and loved her!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 randofmact

Ya, nice one for that link..managed to get 2 seated tickets...
    That O2 priority was totally overwhelmed, couldn't get a sniff of it..

Just wondering, if you have seated tickets can you go to the standing area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

randofmact wrote: »
    Just wondering, if you have seated tickets can you go to the standing area?

No but some people here have said they've been able to sneak in which I wouldn't recommend. The better option is to either trade with people on sites like toutless.com or see if the O2 Angels know anyone who wants to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greengrass87

me and the girlfriend also missed out on 02 priority tickets this morning
    gutted!!
    the one time i ever used the priority code!!
    what do you guys think friday morning?,,would you go online or kiosk to get tickets?
    im living in cork.
    im afraid of ticketmaster crashing on friday and being stuck with no tickets which i cant even contemplate.
    florence is far and above both of our favourite artists so i absolutely must get tickets:(

Ditto on the above comment, looking for peeps input

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 logione

I got on to purchase tickets from her site, then the pc stalled yet came back to the page and still offered me tickets. I purchased them, but for some reason I dont feel sure that I genuinely have them, that it may be a scam thats why it redirected. Did anyone get verification from her site that they had tickets secured ?

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »
    No but some people here have said they've been able to sneak in which I wouldn't recommend. The better option is to either trade with people on sites like toutless.com or see if the O2 Angels know anyone who wants to trade.

sound JJ, i'm happy enough with that, just glad i managed to get tickets, i'm normally so unlucky with this... most concerts worth going to sell out in a couple of minutes and i'm never one of the lucky ones..... this time though.

would've thought that a good vantage point for a F&TM gig would add to the whole experience too, well we'll see in March... :D

logione wrote: »
    I got on to purchase tickets from her site, then the pc stalled yet came back to the page and still offered me tickets. I purchased them, but for some reason I dont feel sure that I genuinely have them, that it may be a scam thats why it redirected. Did anyone get verification from her site that they had tickets secured ?

I got an email about them straight away

me too, its def legit... isnt it??

randofmact wrote: »
    me too, its def legit... isnt it??
    Yep.....i hope :pac:

what do you guys think friday morning?,,would you go online or kiosk to get tickets?
    im living in cork.

Judging by the comments here, it sounds like it would. She sold out 2 Olympia gigs over a year ago and could've sold out more. Word has gotten around about how amazing those shows were. Her second album is selling like hot cakes here in Ireland so this all looks like a recipe for a sell out show at The Point.

Also, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that the O2 advert with Cosmic Love playing in the background will finally "be played out" or "come to life".

Was the mail from ticketmaster then or from her web site ? And did you have to type in a security code like ticket master ? Strange I got no e mail !!! :(

Was the mail from ticketmaster then or from her web site ? And did you have to type in a security code like ticket master ? Strange I got no e mail !!! :(

It was from sandbag (the UK distributor)

Check any junk filters or junk email folders that you have

ando wrote: »

Check any junk filters or junk email folders that you have

Ando you star, in junk! I didn't even think to look in there. Sandbag. So I can do a little jig n celebrate?? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Got 2 tickets after a lot of refreshing. Don't really mind where the seats are. Most seats now in the o2 are pretty good its not like years ago when you had to try and look around the big poles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Wanted to get some tickets for my GF so went on to the site. They had no standing and only seating on the top tier and right at the back, so fvck that i said and gave them up. Friday morning it is so.

I wonder how many of standing & seated tickets priority is allocated?

I had a feeling these would be the seats they would have on offer with the O2 priority code. I got these seats for KOL back in December. They were the worst seats ever you could barely see the stage it was so far away and my eyesights pretty good :cool:. We were right at the back just a few rows from the back wall. Just curious does anyone know if these seats are the ones always on offer with the o2 presale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    Wanted to get some tickets for my GF so went on to the site. They had no standing and only seating on the top tier and right at the back, so fvck that i said and gave them up. Friday morning it is so.

I wonder how many of standing & seated tickets priority is allocated?

I had a feeling these would be the seats they would have on offer with the O2 priority code. I got these seats for KOL back in December. They were the worst seats ever you could barely see the stage it was so far away and my eyesights pretty good :cool:. We were right at the back just a few rows from the back wall. Just curious does anyone know if these seats are the ones always on offer with the o2 presale?

I got o2 presales for kasabian last year and was in block A, could only see half the stage since the speakers obscured the rest, the angle I was at was so acute. Raging, I was!

Does anyone who got tix from the Florence website know what seats they were allocated? It didn't say anything in the confirmation email I received?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

I think this will sellout in record time!

What are the chances of a second date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    Just curious does anyone know if these seats are the ones always on offer with the o2 presale?

I've sat there a few times before, when friends got priority tickets, so it's possible.
    I hope i manage to get tickets on Friday morning, cos if i miss out, already having turned down some sh1te tickets my GF will go bananas!

What are the chances of a second date ?

I posted this previously:

I can't see an extra Dublin date on the Saturday because she's playing Bournemouth on the Sunday but we're the first date of the tour so they could add an extra date on 1st March unless they need more set up time after Olly Murs on 29th February.
    I hope i manage to get tickets on Friday morning, cos if i miss out, already having turned down some sh1te tickets my GF will go bananas!

I had sh1te seats at the Olympia one of her gigs last year and still thoroughly enjoyed myself. sh1te seats at the Olympia are probably worse than sh1te seats at The Point. You might be kicking yourself on Friday.

JJ wrote: »
    I posted this previously:

I can't see an extra Dublin date on the Saturday because she's playing Bournemouth on the Sunday but we're the first date of the tour so they could add an extra date on 1st March unless they need more set up time after Olly Murs on 29th February.

Still cant believe this **** is playing the O2
    Hopefully Rammstein blow up the stage enough on the 27th stopping him but allowing Florence :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭1992

Is anyone else ****less that this going to sell out straight away tomorrow? I'll be heartbroken! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

A few touts got some of the O2 presale tickets, I see them up on eBay already, €100 each! I better be successful in the morning, I refuse to pay them c***s! Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So what does everyone reckon be best to go for in the morning seating or standing???

I got tickets no problem for the first date last time she played standing but have gotten so sick of standing at gigs lately cause im tall people give me so much hassle at gigs.

The amount of women who tried to push me aside and push infront of me last time i went see Florence was so ****ing annoying glad i stood me ground ha.

Never been in the standing section in o2 but always managed to get decent seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

So what does everyone reckon be best to go for in the morning seating or standing???

I got tickets no problem for the first date last time she played standing but have gotten so sick of standing at gigs lately cause im tall people give me so much hassle at gigs.

The amount of women who tried to push me aside and push infront of me last time i went see Florence was so ****ing annoying glad i stood me ground ha.

Never been in the standing section in o2 but always managed to get decent seats.
    I am also lanky and I get the same crap, but it's not gonna stop me from standing! Its not our fault we are genetically superior to the short-arses! If they complain about not been able to see then they should be the ones in the seats!

Advertisement