Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florence & The Machine - The O2, Dublin *No Ticket Sales/Swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I can understand her selling out the Olympia in 2 mins or so but mad selling out o2 in around a 1 min. Cant remember ever hearing that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

Keep trying... Think of the people that have Pc's/Browsers crashing n such, tickets that were reserved under their name under a time limit that is now expiring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

They're either with holding more tickets to put onsale again at a later date, or there were very few tickets available online to begin with. The whole thing seems weird. I don't even think Arcade Fire sold out that quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 clare_

Was up and online from 8:54, refreshing until 9. Couldn't get 2 standing, then tried seating at 9:01 and none. Young, genuine fan and it's incredibly frustrating to know in 20 minutes tickets will more than likely be on gumtree for crazy price. I agree 8 tickets is excessive and takes away from the chances of genuine fans getting tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I still think its virtually impossible to sell out in 2 minutes, something not right.

I wonder do TicketMaster have a sister site/ticket exchange similar to America where all the tickets that couldnt be bought at the normal price are suddenly available at 4x the price.

Hopefully there may be a 2nd date as Dublin is the start of the tour. Mabey Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

clare_ wrote: »
    Was up and online from 8:54, refreshing until 9. Couldn't get 2 standing, then tried seating at 9:01 and none. Young, genuine fan and it's incredibly frustrating to know in 20 minutes tickets will more than likely be on gumtree for crazy price. I agree 8 tickets is excessive and takes away from the chances of genuine fans getting tickets.

Just what happens unfortunatly. I had two tickets standing and all and whatever happend for that split second with Firefox page froze on the screen that tells me i have tickets and where they are in the o2 !!

Then i got an error when clicked continue. So no idea what went on there but i guess i got to see her up really close first time she played so just way it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rory_K

And to top it off you have to put that bloody security code in every time!

to be fair, they should not have allowed people to buy eight at once. It was a bit excessive.

It's completely crazy to let people do that, I've always thought that. It's also pretty much a perfect system for touts where they can buy in bulk and put them on Ebay two minutes later for double/triple the price. Genuine fans don't have a chance against that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I fooking hate tixketmaster. They have the worst site ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Was refreshing from 8:55 and got in at 9:01, one standing :D so nerve wracking going through all the pages with only two minutes to fill out each one. Flatmate wasn't so lucky :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

And they are already up on ebayfor €90 each standing..aghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The Chilis sold out in similar time.

Tirz that I missed it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

got 2 standing tickets at 09.01 - can't believe they sold out so quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Officially gone according to the front page of Ticketmaster. That is nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

to be fair, they should not have allowed people to buy eight at once. It was a bit excessive.

Eight? That's ridiculous. I was lucky enough to get two pre-sale tickets on her official site Wednesday morning but the maximum you could buy there was four. It should be like that for Ticketmaster too; like I know large groups of friends might be going but eight tickets in one go is just crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

must be the fastest selling gig on the planet, sold out in 5 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Feckin joke!!

back to the drawing board for the wifes Christmas present!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

cee_jay wrote: »

That is sickening, when so many genuine fans couldn't get tickets!

Was refreashing the page from five to nine onwards, couldn't get two tickets for myself and a friend. Kinda annoyed. Haven't been to a gig in ages and would have loved to have seen her. It makes me very angry that there are touts buying loads of tickets and then trying to sell them for ridiculous prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Just added a new date for London 10th...
    could be a promising sign for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chaps123

revz wrote: »
    Just added a new date for London 10th...
    could be a promising sign for Dublin

Hopefully!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Gauge wrote: »
    That is sickening, when so many genuine fans couldn't get tickets!

Letting 8 go in one transaction is crazy, it is really disappointing when genuine people cant get a ticket and then they show up on ebay straight away, F**king touts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Got 2 in the pre-sale the other day and one today, not for me. Looking at this thread I wish I'd bought some for myself as well. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DaithiDublin

Mod Edit: NO TICKET SALES/SWAPS

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greengrass87

gutted isnt even the word
    bad start too the weekend
    a second date maybe??
    isnt that the way these things usually work??

gutted isnt even the word
    bad start too the weekend
    a second date maybe??
    isnt that the way these things usually work??

I'd be very surprised if there isn't a second date.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

she has a day off in her tour on the 3rd march and the O2 have no events on the 3rd march. bad form if there isn't a second night added.

She is in England then on the 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 48 drewbedo

[isses me off when people just buy a random number of tickets for the sake of it and then it comes to the night of the gig and then they are stuck trying to get rid of them
    stupid fooools...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Selling the o2 out in about 1min just goes to show over playing one or two of her songs on 98fm for a whole year works :pac:

Ah I dont think it's 98fm that has pushed the demand, her music is excellent and as someone who saw her the Olympia the other year she was amazing live.

Advertisement