Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florence & The Machine - The O2, Dublin *No Ticket Sales/Swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

She has nothing on her schedule for the 3rd but her UK tour starts the 4th. This day would normally be to allow for transport of the set etc.. But we can hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DougieHowser

I would have thought it more likely to put the extra date on the Thursday but not sure if the o2 has anything on that day? This is the third time in a very short period of time I've missed out on two miserable tickets! Missed out on both Noel Gallagher gigs and now Florence! Booo I say! Better get those EP tickets booked this minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Neevie92

Was on at 9.00 they found me tickets and when I hit continue to pay all i got was an error message so I lost the tickets, went back straight away to try again and they were gone! Ticketmaster are offically on my black list :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Neevie92 wrote: »
    Was on at 9.00 they found me tickets and when I hit continue to pay all i got was an error message so I lost the tickets, went back straight away to try again and they were gone! Ticketmaster are offically on my black list :(

Does this happen a lot? Cos if that's a problem with Ticketmaster, that isn't on.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

I would have thought it more likely to put the extra date on the Thursday but not sure if the o2 has anything on that day? This is the third time in a very short period of time I've missed out on two miserable tickets! Missed out on both Noel Gallagher gigs and now Florence! Booo I say! Better get those EP tickets booked this minute!

Very true, didn't think of that. O2 has nothing on its events listing for the Thursday so will have to keep an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

bcirl03 wrote: »
    Ah I dont think it's 98fm that has pushed the demand, her music is excellent and as someone who saw her the Olympia the other year she was amazing live.

I know im only messing :pac: I saw her at the Olympia was great show.

Ah well have to see shall i fork out for Bruce now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 paddy7654321

https://www.facebook.com/Boycottneedaticket.ie - please join and spread the word - these guys are robbing people

Neevie92 wrote: »

Thats what happened to me weird maybe it wasnt my fault lol

When do you think they will announce the gig for thrusday (if at all)? Are we talking days? weeks? months?

What was the point of doing it like this? 2 days would have sold out just as fast.

When do you think they will announce the gig for thrusday (if at all)? Are we talking days? weeks? months?

What was the point of doing it like this? 2 days would have sold out just as fast.

Thats if they even announce another date...... Probley just stick it up on site randomally have to sit there clicking refresh for rest the day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

I know im only messing :pac: I saw her at the Olympia was great show.

Ah well have to see shall i fork out for Bruce now......

:)

Now we are talking, good old Bruce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DougieHowser

Usually takes a couple of days or a week but you never know they just announced that extra London gig straight away so I'd keep checking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Right, let's do the maths here. Lungs went 4 x Platinum here in Ireland (http://www.irishcharts.ie/awards/multi_platinum09.htm).

Platinum status in Ireland is 15,000 album sales (http://www.ifpi.org/content/library/international-award-levels.pdf) so 4 x Plantinum = 60,000 album sales.

The capacity for The Point at a standing gig is about 13,000-14,000 so even if half the people who bought Lungs in Ireland wanted to buy tickets to the Dublin gig, they'd fill The Point twice over with a few left out in the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

This is the first time I havent managed to get tickets when trying the second they go on sale, I'm gutted! When that screen comes up and says sorry no tickets were found it's like a massive kick to the balls, think I wear a cup next time I'm trying. Ticketmaster are a disgrace allowing 8 per person, no wonder they sold out so fast. Now hurry up and announce a second date you flame haired minx...

JJ wrote: »
    Right, let's do the maths here. Lungs went 4 x Platinum here in Ireland (http://www.irishcharts.ie/awards/multi_platinum09.htm).

Platinum status in Ireland is 15,000 album sales (http://www.ifpi.org/content/library/international-award-levels.pdf) so 4 x Plantinum = 60,000 album sales.

The capacity for The Point at a standing gig is about 13,000-14,000 so even if half the people who bought Lungs in Ireland wanted to buy tickets to the Dublin gig, they'd fill The Point twice over with a few left out in the cold.

To be honest i wouldnt even bothering thinking and worrying about how tickets sales go with the Ticketmaster and o2 Olympia etc....

Its all luck at end the day with gigs like this you just have to be there bang on at 9 to have any chance. Even a few seconds late will cost you.

There was massive demand for this but who knows what kind of number of tickets where given to Ticketmaster and other websites. They could even be holding out on tickets knowing they would get extra ''Huge demand'' sales.

Its all luck really when you have that many people clicking buttons all at the same time. Myself and another poster who mentioned losing tickets when we clicked continue cant be only ones who had problems......

Even when you actually do get tickets on Ticketmaster they take them from you :pac:

Standing are up on ebay for more than quadruple the price. Sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

There's people trying to sell seated tickets for €250! :mad: I hope nobody buys them and they're stuck with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yankeegirl

I was dying to see her! She's coming on my birthday and everything!
    Ticketmaster competely screwed me over. I had the standing ticket at 9:01 this morning then when it got onto the 'run time' page, it kept adding minutes! Then it said 'None available blah blah blah'
    Well now they're sold out of course and what's worse....my friends that I was going with managed to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 harriet24

I managed to get 3 tickets this morning but both my sisters missed out, I didn't realise they would go so quickly but now can't believe how lucky I was! another girl in my office got 4 at the same time I did. Its awful that people who aren't true fans have just bought them to make a quick buck, makes my blood boil!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wannabe214ever

I could not get any tickets on PRE-SALE ON WEDNESDAY nor today so I got thme for Alexandra Palace, North London on 10th March.....extreme , i know but actually looks like a superb venue...can only hold 7000. now can anyone suggest a route to go from Knock airport and where to stay central enough to london and access to concert N. london......all help needed as I do not know london at all.
    HELP :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 memaeve!

Thats what happened to me weird maybe it wasnt my fault lol

Same with me! :(
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Neevie92

Does this happen a lot? Cos if that's a problem with Ticketmaster, that isn't on.

I'm not sure, I emailed them about it and I just got back a generic reply, one of their templates or something. Like I had the tickets and hit continue to go pay for them, but it errored. Feel very cheated.

memaeve! wrote: »
    Same with me! :(
    xm

Strange of course theres no way of proving that to anyone or to Ticketmaster like you could even get in touch with them anyway...... There customer service is bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

So glad I got two tickets I was on it refreshing the page at a minute to 9. Oh my nerves thinking the page would freeze when I pressed continue thank god it went through! I can't imagine she won't be playing another gig after such high demand. If it's not around the same date than it will be somewhere towards the end of her tour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

She might not ad a 2nd date for this tour but prob the next one. Eg since this is the first tour for this album , she will then be doing festivals during the summer then followed by a full Arena tour later in the year which will prob include Belfast and Dublin this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Had to get tickets for the Glasgow gig at 9.06.........was waiting and waiting for the O2, wait time 7 minutes. Feck that!

Ah well, that's the girlfriends xmas sorted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

For anyone who cares Florence is on BBC Radio 1 now doing 6 songs live

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greengrass87

thanks for that
    thats after cheering me up a bit now
    heres hoping she annoounces another dat
    im refreshing pages all day hoping against hope that another date will be added

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jonsmoke

I queued at Stephens Green tickemaster from 8 this morning. At 8.45 the ticketmaster guy came out to the queue of people and asked everyone how many tickets they wanted. He said only standing and the second tier seats are available, all the first tier tickets are gone already. I know there was pre-sale tickets on the Florence website and the O2 premium club thing, but it's strange to think that they reserved all those seats for those people.
    At 9.05 he started selling tickets. I got mine at about 9.20. He had a big pile of tickets pre printed and just handed you what you wanted from the pile.
    Do they allocate a certain amount of tickets for shop sales and another amount for online sales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

jonsmoke wrote: »
    I queued at Stephens Green tickemaster from 8 this morning. At 8.45 the ticketmaster guy came out to the queue of people and asked everyone how many tickets they wanted. He said only standing and the second tier seats are available, all the first tier tickets are gone already. I know there was pre-sale tickets on the Florence website and the O2 premium club thing, but it's strange to think that they reserved all those seats for those people.
    At 9.05 he started selling tickets. I got mine at about 9.20. He had a big pile of tickets pre printed and just handed you what you wanted from the pile.
    Do they allocate a certain amount of tickets for shop sales and another amount for online sales?

Nothing allocated. Shops pre print tickets constantly till the are all sold out.

Advertisement