Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florence & The Machine - The O2, Dublin *No Ticket Sales/Swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

jonsmoke wrote: »
    I queued at Stephens Green tickemaster from 8 this morning. At 8.45 the ticketmaster guy came out to the queue of people and asked everyone how many tickets they wanted. He said only standing and the second tier seats are available, all the first tier tickets are gone already. I know there was pre-sale tickets on the Florence website and the O2 premium club thing, but it's strange to think that they reserved all those seats for those people.
    At 9.05 he started selling tickets. I got mine at about 9.20. He had a big pile of tickets pre printed and just handed you what you wanted from the pile.
    Do they allocate a certain amount of tickets for shop sales and another amount for online sales?

Thats some ****e if true that most the seating tickets would of been sold out i mean not everyone is a bloody o2 customer or part of some club.

Ive never heard of that amount of tickets been given to a pre sale and people getting shafted so bad come friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

I managed to get Arcade Fire presale tickets from O2, and they were SEATING ONLY!

To add insult to injury, they were upper tier, far left corner - might as well have tried to watch an outdoor gig from a blimp.

If you actually want to enjoy a gig avoid it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I queued in the Sligo ticketmaster at 8.45, he took our names and how many tickets we wanted (standing or sitting). The maxium he would sell was four per person. A couple of people at the front got standing tickets, the rest of us got seated...not great ones but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Neevie92

Mr.S wrote: »
    Horrible luck.

Keep in my mind TM want people to buy tickets so they're not holding back tickets or something :pac:

What most likely happened was that because of the high traffic on the site at 9am, everyone refreshing/searching for tickets the servers took a pounding and some requests got messed up.

Yeah, I understand that it was pretty crazy, she'll be back again, catch her next time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 paddy7654321

watch out for these guys....they let loads of people down...lots of unhappy customers....do a few internet searches and you will see for yourself ... help spread the word https://www.facebook.com/Boycottneedaticket.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 mmm76

I'd say she'll play a second night.They usually do that when it sells out so quick.Agree that selling 8 ticket in one go is madness,4 would be a fair limit to put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

any newws on a second night?

looking at her schedule, she doesnt have anything booked for the saturday ?

this appears to be the normal [EMAIL="ticketb@st@rd"]ticketb@st@rd[/EMAIL] 'scam' to sell out the first night before releasing the tickets for the 2nd night.

please someone tell me its true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

Anyone have an update on a gig on the Saturday night?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say she will do a more extensive tour after the festivals . Its only her 1st arena tour so id expect more dates in the next tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Its hard to see another day been added at this stage it would usually happen straight away. But she will probably play oxegen if its on, if not it will be Electric Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I can't see there being a second date at this point, they're usually announced shortly after the first sells out. Those left out can pay through the nose (not recommended), try their luck on Toutless, wait for the festival season or keep trying Ticketmaster to see if extra tickets have been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Anyone get their tickets posted out for this yet !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

No sign of mine yet, I ordered from the Florence site, the email says
    Tickets will be mailed approximately two weeks prior to the show (earlier if possible) unless stated as WILL CALL/BOX OFFICE COLLECTION - in that case customers are asked to take a copy of their order confirmation and form of photo ID to the venue on the night of the show to gain entrance.

Enjoy the show!

All at Sandbag.

So I'm not too worried about it, though it would be nice to be able to hand herself something physical on Christmas morning!

though it would be nice to be able to hand herself something physical on Christmas morning!

Hmmmmmmmmm...............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Mine arrived today :)

Mine arrived in post yesterday also, christmas pressie sorted..........
    Mine arrived today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Got mine also. Should not have told her about it now could have used it as a xmas present:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

got mine yesterday. looks like ticketmaster are making an effort (for once) in printing tickets before christmas - my Noel Gallagher ones arrived this week too.

Yeah, I just noticed that all gig and theatre tickets I ordered recently (which was far too much) have either been received or they're in the process of being sent.

Hey lads! Just wondering if anyone who ordered tickets from the Florence site directly has received them yet?

• Advertisement

Hey lads! Just wondering if anyone who ordered tickets from the Florence site directly has received them yet?

I received mine recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 logione

still no tickets from the florence site ......have other people got theirs??? seems a bit late in the day to be sending them!!

logione wrote: »
    still no tickets from the florence site ......have other people got theirs??? seems a bit late in the day to be sending them!!

Mine are still listed as "not yet dispatched". I emailed them back around Christmas and was told they send them out 2 weeks before, so I'm trying to not panic just yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

logione wrote: »
    I'm going to her concert in the Ally Pally on the 9th of March in London. No tickets yet which I bought through her site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 logione

Well I feel much better now knowing i'm not the only one still with no tickets. Really looking forward to the gig and was begining to think I shouldnt get too excited in case the tickets went astray!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

I emailed sandbag as I was getting all scared when all the talk of UK bad weather came up the post would be all over the place. They say tickets are sent out 2 weeks before the gig!Funny I'm really excited about gig but keep stopping myself getting too excited.....until my tickets are in my grubby hands!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I'm not going to this show but I got tickets from the website when she played here back in 2009. I remember they arrived only a little bit before the show, about 2 weeks or so before as the poster above said. So I wouldn't worry about it!

Just letting people know that my tickets from the website arrived this morning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just letting people know that my tickets from the website arrived this morning. :D

Mine arrived today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Very short set from her gig in Eindhoven by all accounts. Came in just over an hour from the reviews I'm reading. For a sold out O2 gig I'd expect a little longer than that.

Advertisement