Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satinwood Removal Nightmare

• 20-11-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

I have painted my skirting, architrave and window boards with Fleetwood Satinwood Pure Brilliant white paint. In my rush to get it all done, I have gotten paint both on the uPVC windows (oak affect) and on the laminate flooring.

I have tried vinegar, white spirits, pvc cleaner to try and shift it, but no luck. Have scrubbed hard with soapy hot water and even used a putty knife to scrape it off (which kinda works but hard use on the windows).

Worst thing i done was using the tiniest piece of sandpaper to try and remove it, but has left makes in the laminate. Its ok in that the mark will be covered by a bed, but wont be doing it anywhere else.

Am really stressed out over this, does anyone have an hints or tips to get this stuff off my flooring and windows?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Try some Standard Thinners, but be very careful and try a small test patch first on the windows and floors to make sure it doesnt turn them white.

Advertisement