Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McDonalds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Abi wrote: »
    His post in reply to me was the most ignorant piece of crap, and needlessly aggressive.

Whatever you say, doll-face.

There was nothing aggressive about it. It was standard reply to post, not poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

corktina wrote: »

What does all the other stuff taste like? I only ever have a Big Mac
    It all tastes like *****
    Why don't they have wider straws so you can suck the Shake up them with out imploding you sinuses?

Take of the lid, drink it.
    Why do they always give me Ketchup? I hate Ketchup

It's not all about you.
    Why don't they position the bins in the Car Park so you don't have to get out of the car? It's a DRIVE THRU ffs
    You need the exercise if you eat this crap food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Not really impressed with Mcdonalds these days - not bad if you want like a sunday or double cheese burger - Much rather a BK or KFC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

His post in reply to me was the most ignorant piece of crap, and needlessly aggressive.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Yahew wrote: »
    There was nothing aggressive about it. It was standard reply to post, not poster.
    It was a thanks whore post if ever I saw it. I acknowledged the fact that nobody eats that shyte on a day to day basis, but you chose to ignore that fact for a reason. It was a cuntish, pointless post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

It wasn't a bit. Dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Their Cappuccino is the best I've ever tasted.

hiscan wrote: »
    Their Cappuccino is the best I've ever tasted.

I find this hard to believe but I will try one tomorrow to see.

A lot of people are quite passive here about what their food does to you. I watched a documentary before about a guy called Morgan Spurlock. In truth, I had to switch the thing off after about 10-15 mins in, I started to feel sick watching him. When it was re-ran I watched it through, and it's a real eye-opener.

The idea behind this documentary was to see what effects it would have on his body after living solely on Maccy D's for month. Of course normal people wouldn't live off it for a month, but it was interesting nonetheless. He was advised by doctors during the filming to quit his McDonalds diet because it was beginning to cause serious health implications, and in particular they were concerned about diabetes. During what they did get filmed up to that point, he had gained nearly two stone.

His first day on the job :

Here's a documentary how somebody lost weight eating Mcdonalds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mA1gPcgskU

Not so detailed as your documentary but pretty funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I don't like McDonalds. Their fries have to be eaten within 5 minutes or all you can use them for is roofing nails, Big macs are only lettuce and special sauce these days and the double quarter pounders are dried out from sitting under the heat lights. If you go early enough you can get a bacon egg and cheese biscuit and hopefully it won't be dried out too, but that's only if you're lucky. The sundaes are good, if you ask for double hot chocolate. I once ate at a Micky Ds and the pancakes they served me were frozen. I also want to know why a pat of "pure dairy butter" doesn't melt but turns into some foam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A lot of people reckon the coffee is really good. I think it's ok - certainly a lot better than you'd expect from McDonalds - but generally speaking, I wouldn't view it as really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I've heard this quite a bit about the coffee, but have yet to try it. Must do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Why isn't a Big Mac the same if you don't have an Apple Pie to follow?

Yes it is, its still sh!te

Everything in there tastes the same, over powered with MSG
    Why don't they have wider straws so you can suck the Shake up them with out imploding you sinuses?

Get two straws

Tell em no ketchup
    Why don't they position the bins in the Car Park so you don't have to get out of the car? It's a DRIVE THRU ffs

You might as well eat inside the resturant place if you intend eating it in the car
    How come all the Crows in the parking lot look the same? Can they actually fly do you think, fat bastards.

Most crows do look the same.

But the real burning question is, why oh why, do you put that cr@p in your body?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

irish-stew wrote: »
    But the real burning question is, why oh why, do you put that cr@p in your body?

because I don't like Irish stew

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Here's a documentary how somebody lost weight eating Mcdonalds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mA1gPcgskU

Not so detailed as your documentary but pretty funny

Finally a civilized response!

Interesting watch, thankoo =)
    Dudess wrote: »
    A lot of people reckon the coffee is really good. I think it's ok - certainly a lot better than you'd expect from McDonalds - but generally speaking, I wouldn't view it as really good.

Have to say I like their coffee myself, though I'd prefer if you could add your milk at a little side-station thingy, and use proper milk. The little measures they give you are fiddley and I have to ask for more of them.

The tea is shyte.

• Advertisement

Finally a civilized response!

Interesting watch, thankoo =)

Have to say I like their coffee myself, though I'd prefer if you could add your milk at a little side-station thingy, and use proper milk. The little measures they give you are fiddley and I have to ask for more of them.

The tea is shyte.

Though I'm not disagreeing with you - Anything with such high fat, salt and sugar levels is very bad for you, and if you consume food like this over a long period of time then it will do damage.

The documentary was very sensationalised and he was projecting a lot of his opinions as fact.

And the coffee is nice - 2 quid cant go wrong especially when the other coffee places in dublin charge nearly 3 quid for coffee thats no better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

theres lots of things I insert in my body, you need not apply though.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The chips aren't bad but wouldn't feed a mouse though. Milkshakes are nice. I don't like burgers in general never eaten one from McD's though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

theres lots of things I insert in my body, you need not apply though.:D

I thought we were talking about McDonalds?

:pac:

I thought we were talking about McDonalds?

:pac:

Some people like to play with their food:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I lovingly call the local mcdonalds- the scutter shop cause thats what they serve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I always think I'm going to enjoy McDonaldss when I buy it but... A few weeks ago i stopped in there for breakfast since I had a few quid to spare, got a hash brown, egg and bacon muffin, and orange juice. The hash was rank, spat it in a bin, the muffin was so greasy and inedible I nearly vomited. The wraps are pretty good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

cloud493 wrote: »
    I always think I'm going to enjoy McDonaldss when I buy it but... A few weeks ago i stopped in there for breakfast since I had a few quid to spare, got a hash brown, egg and bacon muffin, and orange juice. The hash was rank, spat it in a bin, the muffin was so greasy and inedible I nearly vomited. The wraps are pretty good though.

The breakfast mcmuffin things are alright if you take out the weird rubber like egg out ,any time i get a big mac i can't believe how small they are nothing "big" about them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Ricks burgers in Town>GBK>decent chipper>Burger King>Abrakstabra>SuperMacs>bad chipper>McDonalds>'Some burgers you found at the bottom of the freezer and the best before date is illegilble but you're going to eat them anyway as you're locked and starving'>Eddie Rockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

McDonalds is disgusting muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 OKeeffer

BigMac sucks

I thought you Americans love big macs

A lot of people are quite passive here about what their food does to you. I watched a documentary before about a guy called Morgan Spurlock. In truth, I had to switch the thing off after about 10-15 mins in, I started to feel sick watching him. When it was re-ran I watched it through, and it's a real eye-opener.

My sister and her husband paused that film to go to McDonalds. They said seeing him eating the burgers made them hungry for one.

That's a fact!

Anyways, it was the fizzy drinks that did him all the damage, not the food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

The healthiest thing to eat in McDonalds is the Toys.

OKeeffer wrote: »
    My sister and her husband paused that film to go to McDonalds. They said seeing him eating the burgers made them hungry for one.

That's a fact!

Fair play to them :)
    Anyways, it was the fizzy drinks that did him all the damage, not the food.

I can say confidently that the few healthy choices there are the bottles of water, milk, the bags of fruit, the bags of raisins, the salads, and thats more or less it. You can add coffee or tea depending on the sugar you add to it.

I can say confidently that the few healthy choices there are the bottles of water, milk, the bags of fruit, the bags of raisins, the salads, and thats more or less it. You can add coffee or tea depending on the sugar you add to it.

I enjoy a McDonalds from time to time. As long as it's not every day, it won't do you any harm.

Your genetics/bad luck will kill you well before the big mac does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

*Seriously wants a McDonalds right now, but just had a Kebab*

Fat coont!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

McDonalds sucks farts for burgers. Go to Burger King. The burgers are better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Eddie rockets is king for burgers. Whoever insulted Eddie rockets has never eaten eddie rockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

That 1955 burger they were doing recently was tasty i must say....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

The banana milkshake and the coffee are yummy.

Double cheeseburger for 2 euro I find hard to say no to at times as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Yahew wrote: »
    Obviously if you only eat McDonalds three times a day and you GO Large its going to have a major effect.
    Go back to the part of my post where I acknowledged that ffs.

I'll still have one or two on a Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for that information that is completely fucking useless to me, and good luck with that.
    Holy Jesus talk about flying off the handle. I think I'll get the popcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

It is great hangover food in fairness. But as long as you don't have a hangover 5 times a week :pac:

Anyone tried the salads? I think they're alright, especially the grilled chicken one.

I'd love to know whats in the chicken nuggets though, cos it defo aint chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Eddie rockets is king for burgers. Whoever insulted Eddie rockets has never eaten eddie rockets.
    I have eaten Eddie Rockets. It's expensive shite. At least in Miccy Ds you're not getting raped in your wallet for their fried cowshit.

I think I'll get the popcorn

No dice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭timberland

Why do McDonald's automatically put gherkins in the burgers? They're revolting and I don't know anyone who likes them.

i like them......

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

Again as previously mentioned, serious hangover fix!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭timberland

temporary hang over fix. feel ok eating it but immediately feel sh1t when you leave the place.

Superquinn chicken wraps for a hangover fix FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I refer to them as Empty Pockets. The burgers are lovely but they are double the price of McDonald's or Burger King. Give me two XL Big Kings over one Empty Pockets Classic burger any day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I love McDonald's (the business model more so than the food - although I do enjoy the food! :)). McDonald's, in itself, is a fascinating way of watching the trends of the area that it's in. Look at the way it reinvented itself - from the plastic red and yellow kiddie playground with crap music from when I was a kid and all they wanted was to get us in and get us out, to the green, McCafe, "come into us on the way to work and pick up some breakfast and a coffee" establishment that it is today.

Like it or loath it, it's a tremendously successful entity and I think that's because it adapts to the needs of the locals. If you're getting a couple of sachets of ketchup with your fries, I bet you that's because the majority of customers in that store are asking for ketchup. Rumour has it, they sell beer in the likes of Germany. I'm just surprised they're not selling Scrumpy Jack in their O'Connell Street stores!

Was in France last year and we were doing a long drive and saw a McDonald's and couldn't resist. Himself ordered a Big Mac and I got a Quarter Pounder. His Big Mac was tiny! My Quarter Pounder had all the meat, but the bun was much smaller than over here. We tried to order an apple pie, but, no matter how many times we said "pomme" (one of the few French works we knew), the lady at the counter kept trying to give us a fruit cup. I guess the French eat healthier than us.

I only get a McDonald's once every few months, but I'd much prefer it to a chipper. I may be wrong, but a burger from McD's feels much healthier than a chipper burger where you can actually taste the grease! Not saying that it's one of your five a day, but if you're going to get fast food, you could do worse.
    Why do McDonald's automatically put gherkins in the burgers? They're revolting and I don't know anyone who likes them.

I love the gerkins! :)
    hondasam wrote: »
    I find this hard to believe but I will try one tomorrow to see.

McDonald's coffee is actually amazing. I was told this before, but I didn't believe it. Tried it a while ago when all the other coffee shops were closed and I couldn't believe how good it is. Now I go about five minutes out of my way to work in the morning to pick up a latte. I shouldn't have been surprised that it was so good though - they know what they're doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

McDonalds is the best hangover food :)

In that it causes one, so yeah......
    xoxyx wrote: »
    I love the gerkins!

McDonald's coffee is actually amazing. I was told this before, but I didn't believe it. Tried it a while ago when all the other coffee shops were closed and I couldn't believe how good it is. Now I go about five minutes out of my way to work in the morning to pick up a latte. I shouldn't have been surprised that it was so good though - they know what they're doing!

Re : gherkins....ask for your burger without if you're not into them. I do this, but not because I don't like gherkins, because I want a fresh burger that hasn't been sitting there for the past hour

McD's coffee is disgusting. It tastes like grease and it sickens me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    In-N-Out Double Double is the only way to travel.

Like a cross between a Big Mac and an Eddie Rockets burger.

Animal Style :D

I want to be in California again :( .. I miss In-N-Out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Korvanica wrote: »
    Animal Style :D

I want to be in California again :( .. I miss In-N-Out..

yeah me too.. and they have proper fries too. I remember watching them load this machine in the store with potatoes which scraped all the skin off and chopped them up on the spot.

Eddie Rockets has turned to crap. I used to be a big fan but went back to one recently after a break of 2 years. The food was horrible , especially the chilli and the bill was so large it gives me nightmares looking back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Why do I always think macdonalds is a great idea. Until 5 mins after I finish my 'meal' when I feel like vomiting

Body dysmorphic disorder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Why isn't a Big Mac the same if you don't have an Apple Pie to follow?

How come all the Crows in the parking lot look the same? Can they actually fly do you think, fat bastards.

why do birds suddenly appear ?

every time you are near

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

timberland wrote: »
    i like them......

+1

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement