Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Magazines

Options
  • 20-11-2011 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Do any of you buy food magazines?

I recently bought Easy Food, an Irish mag, and found it really good.
    It explains different types of cooking oils, utensils, has loads of different techniques and recipes.
    I reckon I'm going to get a subscription to it. I love cooking but up til now I've always done run of the mill "dinner" stuff. I'm trying to learn new skills and get more comfortable with "chefy" techniques.

Are food magazines the way to go? I like that the articles and recipes are written by different people/ chefs, so there is a real mix of opinions and ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭l5lr

I've bought 5 so far this month, alongside my subscription to Food&Wine. I buy every single one I can find in November / December as they tend to be bumper Christmas ones and some are packed with stuff to make as presents!

I also love how there is so much variety throughout them, different people have different styles and tastes so the variation is unmatched. The adverts in them are also pretty handy, all the new products and where to buy them comes in handy at times :-)

For those interested, there's actually a free online Irish food magazine coming in January afaik ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Oh that's great, thanks.

I love the variety too, and not all of it is very cheffy!

I think I will treat myself to a subscription, and I'll check some others out for research puposes too ;)

Is there any you would recommend?

Advertisement