Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firearm substitution Question

Options
  • 20-11-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

i am planning to change my O/U for a Semi-auto this week.
    now i have a great price on the new S/A but he dont do trade in, which is fine but i want rid of my O/U, so another dealer will leave it in to sell it or he might give me a store credit for it.
    so is it still a substitution i apply for as i will be buying off one dealer and leaving the the shotgun with another dealer or do i cancel the O/U and get a new application for the Semi.

thanks lad

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A substitution applies if you are changing one gun for another. So what you need is a letter of the dealer you are leaving your current shotgun with to say the gun has been surrendered to him, and a letter from the dealer thats selling you the new semi auto with the details of it.

Once the semi-auto is a 3 shot you can do a striaght sub for one unrestricted shotgun to another. Once you get the new license for the semi-auto the license for your old O/U will cease to be in effect.

The Gardai do not really care how you come about the gun or what process/deal you done with whom, so long as you are legally in possession of only one gun and your license covers that gun.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement