Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMTH - Black and Blue Growl Cover :)

Options
  • 20-11-2011 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'd really appreciate your comments and feedback!
    I recommend skipping to about 1 Minute for better growls! :P start isnt great :)
    Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

WTF is that ??!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Growls

its growling :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'll overlook the terrible band (in my opinion) and launch straight in to the crux of your problem. The quality.

Download Audacity or another freeware editing program and limit the vocals on the track. Then put your mic in to the pc/laptop and record there. The mic on your camera isn't good enough quality.

Oh, Bring Me The Horizon? Yeah, not my kind of band at all.

Try this. http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Vocal_Removal

Yeah i know the quality is terrible, i've been told about Audacity today, and i'll use that in the future. I just wanted to get some feedback on my growls, what people thought.
    But thanks for the response :)
    I'll use Audacity in the future

Growls wrote: »
    Yeah i know the quality is terrible, i've been told about Audacity today, and i'll use that in the future. I just wanted to get some feedback on my growls, what people thought.
    But thanks for the response :)
    I'll use Audacity in the future

See couldn't really distinguish it from the actual track, that was the problem. Or that years of going to gigs has finally f*cked my ears up!

You can just rip the track from youtube (or I'm sure you have it on cd/mp3) and edit that.

Just be wary that you'll need lame_enc.dll if you wanted to save the vocal-less track as an mp3. Just do a quick search for that file online as Audacity will ask you for it when saving as mp3.

• Advertisement

I will :)
    thanks mate! I really appreciate the advice :)
    comment on growls?

I will :)
    thanks mate! I really appreciate the advice :)
    comment on growls?

Did you........Have you........Were you........Read my other posts! I can't hear them! :( :pac:

well mine stands out from the track growls! that's mine you hear, not the track!

well mine stands out from the track growls! that's mine you hear, not the track!

STOP THE VOICES!

Ask me again when the caffeine kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I gave up after 30 seconds. Definitely follow chin_grin's advice and sort out the audio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement