Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Forum: World Of Boards

Options
  • 20-11-2011 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

I want in! For a look.

But all I'm getting is this....
    Hal Emmerich, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. You may be trying to post in a restricted forum such as Soccer, or one of the many private forums on boards.ie.
      For clarification, check our Help Desk forum.
    2. You may be banned from this forum if you contravened an element of the forum charter.
    3. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    ...which is about as helpful as a pigeon pooing on your head when your all dressed up on your way to a Wedding.

Any chance of getting that "You do no have permission" page changed to tell you more relevant Info, like what your locked out of and who to ask to get the key.

I come across these pages every now and then and never know how I got there as I may have 20+ tabs open.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Oh the things that it contains. It a magical place. It contains the best parts of all of Boards in one easy to use place.
    Its a private subforum of World of Tanks as its intended for a particular clan of players that play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I seem to remember a thread on this a while ago and the Word of God was that the "you do not have permission" page is standard vbulletin and can't be changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

print/die_no_permission() is the standard vBulletin function that prints the above error. I can't see it being changed to include information like where you go to get access to X/Y/Z forums :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Quazzie wrote: »
    Oh the things that it contains. It a magical place. It contains the best parts of all of Boards in one easy to use place.
    Its a private subforum of World of Tanks as its intended for a particular clan of players that play the game.
    Not for me so......
    print/die_no_permission() is the standard vBulletin function that prints the above error. I can't see it being changed to include information like where you go to get access to X/Y/Z forums :)

Advertisement