Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just about coping

Options
  • 20-11-2011 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if there is anyone out there like me , it is Sunday and already my stomach is in knots and I am near to tears at the thought of going to work tomorrow , I am being bullied at work , its been going on for a long time , i will give details some other time , I cannot leave as mine is the only income

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I know it's easier said than done, but try to relax. If you're not already gone to bed, try a glass of hot milk and maybe look up some quick relaxation techniques.

If you feel you're being bullied in work, start a diary of times, places, who said what, and how it made you feel. Ask someone at home that you trust to look at one or two entries with you to make sure that you're being reasonable - this is not doubting you, it's a sanity check for yourself to ensure that you're not over-reacting.

Go to your doctor, and explain the stress you're under at the earliest opportunity. Your GP may be able to give you some relaxation pointers.

Approach HR, or a trusted manager. Don't give them the diary, just explain that the situation can't be allowed to continue. Ask them what their plan of action is.

When you're being bullied it can feel that you have no control over anything. Writing out a list of steps you will take can help you feel like you have more control.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Op some great advice here from Thopie ^^^

Best of luck to you.

Think about posting more/specific details anonymously, here or over in the Personal Issues forum - the guys over there are very helpful - also just sharing a problem sometimes help.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thank you for your advise , yes I have been keeping a detailed account of all , I have asked a third party outside and they have advised me that this situation cannot continue.

I will put more details on soon
    Thank You

amdublin wrote: »
    Op some great advice here from Thopie ^^^

Best of luck to you.

Think about posting more/specific details anonymously, here or over in the Personal Issues forum - the guys over there are very helpful - also just sharing a problem sometimes help.

Thank you for all that , another week gone by anyway ! I have a lot of details dated and logged , however about a year ago I went into too much detail and one of those involved saw it and commented on it ! I have seen my G.P. who has told me that there was more to all those tummy bugs and was very supportive to me this week. The third party also has been very supportive , the only way is up now I hope....
    Thank You , the first Sunday night in a long time I am not afraid , and by the way I am not young , so this happens to all ages , again Thank You to All and I promise to let you know the outcome of all this . Good Night

Hello,
    Thank you for your help, somehow a light came on today, I took another positive step, it so helps to come on here and read that I am not alone, I will keep in touch TY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Hello,
    Thank you for your help, somehow a light came on today, I took another positive step, it so helps to come on here and read that I am not alone, I will keep in touch TY

Good to hear that you're getting your head a bit straighter and managing to take steps in the right direction. The main thing to remember is that even if something happens that upsets you, you're not back to square one. You're on the right road. There are no overnight fixes, but you'll get there.

Advertisement