Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asthma Nebuliser

Options
  • 20-11-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need to get a nebuliser. My GP has given me a script for the what goes into the nebuliser. I went to pharmacist and was told it was 200 euro. Saw some on amazon for 40. But just wanted to get advice from anyone of where you bought yours and which one you bought?

Note: you do not need a script for the nebuliser just for the ventolin or whatever you are putting into them,

This is a question mor about practicle cost. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭palmcut

200 is a bit steep. There are several different nebulisers available at much more competitive prices. Make sure that spare parts are readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

200 euro is a bit steep for a nebuliser all right- is that the nebuliser by itself or the nebuliser plus the medicated nebules? I work in a pharmacy and we can get nebuliser from one the brand leaders omron which retails at around €90 + would be under warranty. It all depends what kind of nebuliser you- a basic one to use at home or a portable one if you travel a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

suds1984 wrote: »
    200 euro is a bit steep for a nebuliser all right- is that the nebuliser by itself or the nebuliser plus the medicated nebules? I work in a pharmacy and we can get nebuliser from one the brand leaders omron which retails at around €90 + would be under warranty. It all depends what kind of nebuliser you- a basic one to use at home or a portable one if you travel a lot?

This was portable. It wouldbe home use. I don't travel that much. But need one quickly was in bits this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Most pharmacies should have a basic omron one for about €90 (omron c28) so you should be able to pick that up tomorrow. If no pharmacy in your area has it, one of them should be able order it for you and have it on Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

suds1984 wrote: »
    Most pharmacies should have a basic omron one for about €90 (omron c28) so you should be able to pick that up tomorrow. If no pharmacy in your area has it, one of them should be able order it for you and have it on Tuesday!
    Thanks for that. AMazon sell the Omron for about half the price. There are a number of variants. Has anyone any advice? Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

This may sound wierd but they had one for sale in Lidl in Athy yesterday. I have one myself an Omron one which I bought in my Chemist think it cost about 100.

Advertisement