Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile Porting help

Options
  • 20-11-2011 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

After much research on here and elsewhere I took my chance with emobile and so far so good, received my new phone after buying online in less than a week and their customer service (depsite phone being non-existent) was very good via twitter

A quick question as I have never been on bill pay before - it is the 20th of November now, what happens if i try to 'port' my old O2 number over now, do i still get charged my monthly tariff or does the bill just run from the 20th each month?

If i get charged for the full month am I better off waiting untill the 1st of December??

Big thanks to all the members who recomended the Samsung Galaxy S2 - been playing around with it for a couple of days here (without sim card) and it is truly fantastic - the screen is just amazing

Big thumbs up and would highly recommend to anyone thinking of going with an iphone (housemates have them) and nowhere near as good...

Cheers

Loose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

After much research on here and elsewhere I took my chance with emobile and so far so good, received my new phone after buying online in less than a week and their customer service (depsite phone being non-existent) was very good via twitter

A quick question as I have never been on bill pay before - it is the 20th of November now, what happens if i try to 'port' my old O2 number over now, do i still get charged my monthly tariff or does the bill just run from the 20th each month?

If i get charged for the full month am I better off waiting untill the 1st of December??

Big thanks to all the members who recomended the Samsung Galaxy S2 - been playing around with it for a couple of days here (without sim card) and it is truly fantastic - the screen is just amazing

Big thumbs up and would highly recommend to anyone thinking of going with an iphone (housemates have them) and nowhere near as good...

Cheers

Loose

can you help with this?

it is now the 21st of november should I do port over yes or no?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Cheers

Loose

I'm not familiar with emobile's bill pay (yet!) but I've been on bill pay with meteor & 3. Is the emobile sim card that was supplied with the phone active? ie does it have coverage? are you able to make calls & send texts from it? If yes, then that means your billing cycle has begun & you will be charged for this so you might aswell go ahead and port your no from O2 now. What date did you get your phone on?

i haven't put in the sim card yet - but i did get one with it

so you reckon the billing cycle will just have started when i received the phone (last friday)

thanks for the reply mate

i haven't put in the sim card yet - but i did get one with it

so you reckon the billing cycle will just have started when i received the phone (last friday)

thanks for the reply mate

This is my first time ordering a bill phone online but I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I'm not 100% sure as to how they go about starting your month, but I do know that if you had bought it instore on Fri then your month would go from the 18th of Nov to the 17th of Dec. Was there any instruction given to you to get you to ring them to activate the phone?

there was

i have just spoken to them and they say my bill will run from the 25th to 25th (presuming worst case delivery time??)

and that i didn't need to sign any contract as i had already done so online - but to wait to port til i had backed up my contacts off my old nokia - very helpful and very well done emobile most impressed

hope that helps when you get your new phone mate, all round a very good service tbh

cheers

• Advertisement

there was

i have just spoken to them and they say my bill will run from the 25th to 25th (presuming worst case delivery time??)

and that i didn't need to sign any contract as i had already done so online - but to wait to port til i had backed up my contacts off my old nokia - very helpful and very well done emobile most impressed

hope that helps when you get your new phone mate, all round a very good service tbh

cheers

Nice one, glad you got it sorted. Thanks for the advice too!! :)

Advertisement