Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was offered a place on the RAS Scheme

Options
  • 20-11-2011 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,
    I have been offered a place on the RAS scheme as a tenant. I was just wondering would anyone have any info on this as I don't know a whole lot about it.
    I'm in rented accommodation at the minute and I know the Council will negotiate with my landlord to see will he go on the scheme.
    If my landlord refuses and I have to move where do I stand as I am currently in a 2 year contract and if I break that do I lose my 1000 euro deposit? If anyone would have any info on this scheme would be great.
    There is a lot of posts up about the RAS scheme here but seems to be a lot of landlords views and not much from tenants.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

The RAS is technically your council house. The council agrees a rent with the landlord and the contract is usually for 4 years at least. You will contribute to the rent but through the council not the landlord. You probably will loose your deposit if you are terminating the contract early unless there is sufficent notice given. I didnt think you were allowed sign two year contracts if in receipt of rent allowance??? I'm no expert its a all second hand information I hear from a friends conversations.

Advertisement