Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong advice from accountant

Options
  • 20-11-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I run a small company and have a sub contractor working for me. Two years ago my accountant incorrectly advised me that my subcontractor needed to sort out his own tax. This accountant told me that the sub contractor just needed to give me an invoice then I pay him for the work he did. His tax affairs were his own business. I was not told about C45. My new accountant has told me now that the sub contractor should have been C45 registered. Because the sub contractor didn't, and because he is not in the country any more, my new accountant tells me that I liable for the sub contractor's tax. This seems really unfair to me - I'm paying for bad advice. Is there no way of giving the taxman the sub's PPS num so when he starts working here again he can sort out his own tax?
    I only run a very small company and it feels like I'm being punished for someone else's mistake. Thanks if you can help.
    Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement