Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS in quantitive finance UCD smurfit

Options
  • 20-11-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hey, I am in the process of answering the essay question and I am stuck on the question.

What opportunities do you think exist for future developments of
    computational methods in finance? (maximum 300 words)
    Warning: Make sure your response to this question includes only publicly available information about any proprietary methodology or algorithms related to asset pricing, trading strategies, or computational techniques. Describe your experience, if any, using computational methods (e.g. Monte Carlo simulations or finite differences), either in academic courses or in your professional career. Emphasise applications that you have developed or helped develop, but also describe any significant experience with software provided by others. Financial applications of numerical methods (e.g.derivative pricing or portfolio optimisation) are of particular interest, but applications in other fields are also relevant

I am currently a finance student in NUIM but we have not used any program's for finance bar running different models through excel. How much detail do you have to go into it?

If anyone has any solutions it is much appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Is this to gain entry to the course? I would have thought that this is exactly the sort of thing that you'll be learning about on the course.

Unless you've done this sort of thing in your spare time or done it as part of your undergraduate I don't think you can talk about your experience.

You can however take this opportunity to go and do some research for yourself and then base your answer around that.

Advertisement