Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing contract with Eircom and bill problem.

Options
  • 20-11-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭

I was on eircom 3Mb broadband + eircom talktime chatter bundle. (NGB is not available in my area).
    Few months back I wanted to upgrage to 7Mb broadband, so I had to renew my contract for next 12 months and avail of offer for 7Mb broadband + talktime chatter bundle.
    While this bundle normally costs €61.73 the offer was something like €5 off this price for first 3 or 6 months (can't remember exactly) and €69 off my first bill, but under * there were some conditions like €29 only for new connections so €40 only if I was renewing. I went for it online, filled in all the forms, and within 2 days my broadband was upgraded. My fault was actually that I didn't save the terms and conditions of the promotion anywhere on my hard drive. I just gave them a quick read and accepted online.

When my first bill after upgrade arrived, I didn't get any discount which I was supposed to get due to promotion. I rang Eircom and was told they forgot to implement the promotion to my bill, and it will start from next bill on. I said it was grant with me.

Now when I received my next bill, the €5 off the price is indeed included in it, but the whole thing about €40 off the first bill didn't work. I looked at eircom website, but their promotion is different now, and €69 off first bill doesn't apply anymore.

My problem is that I can't really remember exactly the amounts and discounts of the promotion, and I don't have it saved anywhere, so I don't really have any grounds for complaint.
    One thing I'm sure is that I was ripped off.
    Is there any place where I could get a terms and conditions of an offer which I signed?
    Maybe there is somewhere a website with recent eircom offers and promotions?

Anyone could help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

CiniO wrote: »
    I was on eircom 3Mb broadband + eircom talktime chatter bundle. (NGB is not available in my area).
    Few months back I wanted to upgrage to 7Mb broadband, so I had to renew my contract for next 12 months and avail of offer for 7Mb broadband + talktime chatter bundle.
    While this bundle normally costs €61.73 the offer was something like €5 off this price for first 3 or 6 months (can't remember exactly) and €69 off my first bill, but under * there were some conditions like €29 only for new connections so €40 only if I was renewing. I went for it online, filled in all the forms, and within 2 days my broadband was upgraded. My fault was actually that I didn't save the terms and conditions of the promotion anywhere on my hard drive. I just gave them a quick read and accepted online.

When my first bill after upgrade arrived, I didn't get any discount which I was supposed to get due to promotion. I rang Eircom and was told they forgot to implement the promotion to my bill, and it will start from next bill on. I said it was grant with me.

Now when I received my next bill, the €5 off the price is indeed included in it, but the whole thing about €40 off the first bill didn't work. I looked at eircom website, but their promotion is different now, and €69 off first bill doesn't apply anymore.

My problem is that I can't really remember exactly the amounts and discounts of the promotion, and I don't have it saved anywhere, so I don't really have any grounds for complaint.
    One thing I'm sure is that I was ripped off.
    Is there any place where I could get a terms and conditions of an offer which I signed?
    Maybe there is somewhere a website with recent eircom offers and promotions?

Anyone could help?

Hi CiniO,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

Firstly if you need to look at eircom's T & C's online, please see the following link. The terms and conditions should be able to advise you further on individual and promotional offers at any time.

eircom Terms & Conditions

If you PM your contact number I will ask Customer Care to call you and go through every aspect on your bill, including any promotional offers that you may have been entitled to. Please rest assured, customer care will be able itemise every payment on your bill in detail, and they will have access to all details on previous promotions; particularly as your offer was quite recent.

If you wish to call Customer Care /Billing directly, please call 1901 - freefone.

Best regards.
    Ant

Advertisement