Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Food Processor

• 20-11-2011 5:38pm

Hi

I've done a search here to see what the views are on food processors.

Most threads were quite old so I am just checking what the current recommendations would be.

Im after a top of the range ......budget is in or around €400

Ive looked at kenwood chef premier kmc561 one online and it seems to be the best (in my inexperienced opinion). Does anyone have any opinions on it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thejamesrankin

Hi,

Well any Kenwood Chef is great, the only differences between models are motor power in watts and styling. All of them are great and the higher motor watts is really more of a professional thing. I have a 1960's one and it's such a great machine.

James.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

We got a Kenwood Chief as a wedding gift in 1986 and it's been fault-less so far.
    Do they still make them to last, but your €400 budget should get you a top quality model.
    Looked on Amazon and they seem to be well priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

My 33 year old Kenwood Chef died on me last Summer & I went straight out and bought another, great mixer/blender. You do have to buy extra attachments if you want a complete processor set-up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I have only had experience of Kenwood and Moullineaux, both of which I can highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bouncyball

Has been a while since this thread was last updated. Just wondering which Kenwood you got in the end.

There's the 1000w motor one for €369 and a 1400w motor one for €619, both on littlewoods.ie site. Think the 1000w is fine as it's a good bit more to pay for an extra 400w. Is the only difference that it mixes faster?

My mother got a Kenwood Chef back in the late 1970s and is still working away. It made so many buns, bread and sponges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 steena

I'm thinking about buying a food processor and I'm torn between a
    Kenwood FP 196, 600w 1.4 L capacity and a
    Kenwood FPP 225 750w 1.2 L capacity.
    The 750w is about €10 more expensive.
    Any advice?
    Should I go for wattage over capacity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

Are Magimix not the best food processors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

nc6000 wrote: »
    Are Magimix not the best food processors?
    They process but won't mix dough or have half the attachments that the kenwood has available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

I already have a Kenwood Chef which is brilliant for bread, mixing and whipping etc and I was planning on buying a decent size Magimix processor at some stage. I reckon I wouldn't need much more than those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 steena

I have a food mixer, it's more a blender I'm looking for. Magi mix look good but WAY out of budget! The two Kenwoods are €60 and €70 respectively. I think the higher wattage one may be better? I've no experience of food processors, I'd just be looking to make a bit of hummus, no-bake flapjacks, etc...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

I bought a Magimix a few months back and find it excellent. I did a lot of research beforehand as it was quite expensive. Which? And Amazon reviews as well as some Irish mumsie sites.
    It has 3 bowl sizes you can use for different quantities but they must be nested to use the smaller bowls and my only gripe is I find it can leak when using them nested and then you have to clean all 3 bowls. This happened when making pesto when I left the Parmesan in big lumps and making a smoothie with frozen berries or ice cubes.

I've had cheap ones over the years but the motor always breaks down. Hopefully this one will last a long time, I think it cost close to €400.

I think there are additional parts you can buy for dough making. I never bake so I haven't looked into it.

Does anyone have experience of the Thermomix? My in laws from Oz were raving about it last time they were home. Apparently it does absolutely everything from making dough to pasta and cooks it too!

Advertisement