Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KIDNEY STONE

Options
  • 20-11-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi, I had been getting servere bouts of pain in my right kidney for three months. when i get the pain i would be nauseated, feel like i need to pass urine, pain would be unbearable but it would pass then would have a few days piece until it returned again. So after 3 months got the pain again on fri but nothing was shifting the pain. went to a and e - had kub xray, kub ct and ultrasound. Should a 6mm stone but it has passed to my bladder. Also shows i have hydronephrosis (which they think was caused by the stone so will correct). was instructed that i should pass the stone but if i get any pain i must go straight back to a and e.

Im not in pain at the minute but even with the stone in my bladder will i still get pain from it?

How long will it take to pass???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Nicky987 wrote: »
    ... went to a and e - was instructed that i should pass the stone...

Im not in pain at the minute but even with the stone in my bladder will i still get pain from it?

How long will it take to pass???

did you not ask them those questions in a&e?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

no, i was in for over 18 hours with no sleep for around 40 hours so i just didnt think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I can only say from my experience that the major pain was in moving from the kidney ot the bladder. i could track it the whole way and once it got to the bladder felt nothing after that.
    I have no idea how long to pass it from there.

maybe if you are worried you could call your GP tomorrow and ask? hope you get rid of it soon:)

Advertisement