Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral Cats

• 20-11-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Im just wondering can anybody help me with a cat problem I have several stray cats coming into the garden some are kittens some are cats. . Ive managed to neuter four of the cats through cat protection but the six kittens just run off in all diffrent directions. I cant afford to neuter any of the kittens and nobody will take them. Any ideas what I could do. :mad: I love cats but this is getting out of control no of them are vaccinated :(.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Aardvark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

do you know which kittens are female - if you could even trap and neuter those it would stop the colony growing. I wouldn't worry about vaccination now, neutering is more important. Can you get help from your local SPCA? It's a shame to let the kittens go feral.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Op there are trap and release schemes all over the country.

Ive pm`d you a list of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

What bait did you use in the traps? Could you borrow the trap from the vet. There is no vaccine unfortunately for the likes of feline HIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭westliferule

What bait did you use in the traps? Could you borrow the trap from the vet. There is no vaccine unfortunately for the likes of feline HIV.

I usedtuna fish an ham the vet hasn't got any traps an can't protection haven't guy any at moment the few we got done are half tame they cine an run off your legs and almost eat out of your hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 mjmorr

Ye will all say I'm cruel, but I'm not, I'm into nature and conservation big time. Occasionally, a feral cat will come to my place, stay a while, and terrorise my cat, who is now 11 years old. I bide my time, and eventually get the oppertunity and shoot the feral cat. Feral cats are the biggest killers of small birds, and live wild. I make no apologies!!!

<Banned - permanently>

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

can a mod explain why "mjmorr" was banned for life for their post, is it illeagal to shoot feral cats?? did'nt think it was, seems a bit harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Feral cats can be a nuisance to wild birds. I think they should be trapped and put down humanely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

can a mod explain why "mjmorr" was banned for life for their post, is it illeagal to shoot feral cats?? did'nt think it was, seems a bit harsh

I'd say it was because he was advocating killing animals, it goes against the rules in the forum charter...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement