Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenwood Chef from Amazon

Options
  • 20-11-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to buy the Kenwood Chef Premier from Amazon and it won't allow me! I could have sworn they ship these to Ireland. Has anyone bought a Kenwood Chef from them before?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My parents bought my one from Amazon a couple of months ago. Do you have a link to what you're trying to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

they told me they wont supply electrical goods to ireland because of problems with guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

i just found this on yahoo

Amazon ceased shipping electrical goods to Ireland a few months back 'pending legal advice' because of new Irish recycling law

frank9901 wrote: »
    they told me they wont supply electrical goods to ireland because of problems with guarantee

So the info on their site is wrong then - cos it says they ship electronic goods to Ireland:mad: I'm really annoyed! It was such a good deal!!

• Advertisement

They've definitely changed their policy because the one my parents bought me can't be shipped here now either.

:( Thanks guys. I'm so upset now! Its so much cheaper than any store here

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

Littlewoods have the Kenwood Chef Premier KMC510 (which is basically the same machine) for €346, http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/kenwood-chef-mixer-kmc510/622891299.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f4739%2fq%2fkenwood&trail=4739

However over on the bargain alerts forum there is a discount code 276R8 which gives you 20% off, making it €276.80 :D

Kajor wrote: »
    Littlewoods have the Kenwood Chef Premier KMC510 (which is basically the same machine) for €346, http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/kenwood-chef-mixer-kmc510/622891299.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f4739%2fq%2fkenwood&trail=4739

However over on the bargain alerts forum there is a discount code 276R8 which gives you 20% off, making it €276.80 :D

Hey that's not bad! Might check that out thanks!:D

Just checked it there and that's only the regular Kenwood Chef - a bit pricy cos the one I was looking for is the Premier model and that's 30e cheaper on Amazon!

leahyl wrote: »
    Hey that's not bad! Might check that out thanks!:D

It's really only €30 in the difference on the Amazon price. I'm hmm'ing and haw'ing here as to whether to buy one. :)

• Advertisement

It's really only €30 in the difference on the Amazon price. I'm hmm'ing and haw'ing here as to whether to buy one. :)

What's the actual difference between this one and the premier?

Here's Kenwoods own comparison site, select 3 mixers to compare.

http://kenwoodworld.com/uk/Products/Kitchen-Machines/Chef-and-Major/

ETA: the difference is that it's white.

Here's Kenwoods own comparison site, select 3 mixers to compare.

http://kenwoodworld.com/uk/Products/Kitchen-Machines/Chef-and-Major/

ETA: the difference is that it's white.

well there's a difference in the wattage and there's not flexi beater but to be honest I don't know what difference that makes to the machine!

I suppose it's not like I bake every day but then what annoys me is that it's a 'lesser model' yet I'm paying 30e more than the premier one on Amazon!

Are you sure there's a difference in wattage? As said above, I think the only difference is the colour.

I've a sneaking suspicion that you may have selected the wrong machine, there is no difference that I can find:

http://kenwoodworld.com/uk/Products/Compare-Products/?p=9136,9137,

hth :)

Are you sure there's a difference in wattage? As said above, I think the only difference is the colour.

Classic is 800 and the Premier is 1000

Did you check the product numbers of the ones you were comparing against the ones on Amazon/Littlewoods? It seems to me that they are both called Premier but that Littlewoods just left it out. The product numbers are 510 and 560.

I've a sneaking suspicion that you may have selected the wrong machine, there is no difference that I can find:

http://kenwoodworld.com/uk/Products/Compare-Products/?p=9136,9137,

hth :)

So there is no difference between the Classic and the Premier?! I always thought there was:o I would prefer the silver to be honest but sure what the heck. I wonder would I get it cheaper anywhere else

Ok I was completely confused but I get it now!! So the premier is either the 510 or 560 (510 being white and 560 being silver right?) and then there is the Kenwood Chef Classic which is the original Kenwood Chef!! Phew! Sorry for confusion!

I have been searching for about two weeks now and I cannot find it cheaper anywhere else. You're looking at around the €350 for the steel body and €300 for the white anywhere else. If you find it cheaper than Littlewoods, I'd be very interested in that information :)

frank9901 wrote: »
    i just found this on yahoo

Amazon ceased shipping electrical goods to Ireland a few months back 'pending legal advice' because of new Irish recycling law

Btw that was posted online 5 years ago and they have been shipping electrical items since so I don't know why they've suddenly stopped now.

• Advertisement

I didn't know Littlewoods is a credit company if you get me - I don't like the idea of registering for that. So think I'll stay away from them! Oh I'm so frustrated about amazon!!:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is this the same one, in Argos?

I wasn't sure when searching because I searched some sites for 'Kenwood Chef Premier' and wasn't sure of the product code. Dearer again in DID.

Another site, not familiar with it.

Yar, they are the same one the OP was looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Black Oil wrote: »
    Another site, not familiar with it.

Electricshopping.ie is decent - I got a Magimix from it a few years ago, way cheaper than anywhere else I looked, and delivered in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

A local retailer is selling the titanium 800w ones for 200 at the moment.
    If you really need the 1000w then I guess its a deal breaker but the titanium at 200 is a good deal I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I saw the KMC561 model last week in a local Kerry shop for 249, seems very similar to the one you were looking at without the flexi beater, are you anywhere near Kerry!

phormium wrote: »
    I saw the KMC561 model last week in a local Kerry shop for 249, seems very similar to the one you were looking at without the flexi beater, are you anywhere near Kerry!

Do you mean the one you were looking at has no flexi beater? The one I want has a flexi beater alright. 249 is a brilliant price though - are you sure it's the premier model? I'm in cork but don't think I'd be willing to travel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Just got a Chef Titanium from amazon warehouse, however had to have it brought home from England to me. Amazing machine.

The titanium I got is 1400w. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-Titanium-KM010-Kitchen-Machine/dp/B000UE8UMG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

The comparison chart posted earlier is where I saw the differences between the 560 & 561, it said there was no flexi beater.

I am sure it is the 561 because I took a note of it in my phone the day I saw it as I thought it was a great deal and I was half considering buying one, the sales staff said it is the 1000w model for the price of the 800w.

This is actually the one I saw but at 50 more, it says here it has the flexi beater so I don't know!! The offer was in a retailer tied to Expert so maybe some of their shops in Cork are doing the reduced version too.

http://www.expert.ie/Product/Kenwood-KMC561-Premier-Chef/297057/5.11

Actually just noticed that model is 1100w, a bit confusing at this stage, maybe the ones I saw were old stock or something. Model number was definitely 561 though. They had a huge stack of them in the shop. I will check with them tomorrow for you if you like.

• Advertisement

phormium wrote: »

Oh my god just checked that link! That's an amazing price! Sure I can buy it online can't I?

Actually hang on! I read the price wrong - thought it was 229.95 not 299.95!!

Advertisement