Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenwood Chef from Amazon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I was wondering why the great excitement : )

But that machine is available for 249, beginning to doubt myself now and what I saw in the shop, going to check this morning out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

€249 would be an amazing price for that machine.

The spec and comparison lists are on Kenwood's own site:
    http://kenwoodworld.com/uk/Products/Kitchen-Machines/Chef-and-Major/

Ok, have double checked with shop, the one on sale is definitely 561 model, is 1000w and has dough hook, k beater & whisk.

It differs from the one in that expert ad as it appears to have no flexible beater and is not 1100w, dunno, must be a previous model or something, maybe that is why they are selling them off at 249. Is the flexible beater & 100w worth the extra €50? doubt it!

Just checking as well on amazon, the spec of that machine for 249 matches more accurately the 560 model but it even includes the flexi beater. It is very difficult to compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Slightly off topic question, but these Kenwood Chefs are bloody expensive pieces of equipment.
    What are the differences between a Kenwood Chef and a cheap mixer costing 100s of Euro less?

Cheaper mixers are fine for small jobs, I have Lidl stand mixer €25, grand if I want to make a few buns or small cake. If you want to to a big batch or make something like pavlova you cant beat the bigger stronger mixer. You'd be forever beating 10 egg whites with a small mixer to get it stiff enough. Same if you want to make bread other than by hand, you need the more powerful mixer.

Final word on that 561 model being sold for €249, I have gone in and looked at the mixer, it says 561 on the box, it is 1000w and it has 3 attachments, k beater, dough hook & whisk - no flexible beater. Asked in shop why it differed from spec online for 561, no explanation, they said they just got them in and understood they were latest model. Anyone interested they are available in Walsh Bros Electrical, Castleisland & Tralee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I checked the ones near to me for €225, Its the KMC556 which is 800w comes with Kmix, whisk and dough hook also it has the liquidiser in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just to update anyone who's interested - I purchased a Kenwood Chef Premier from Amazon on Sunday!! They are delivering to Ireland again! Got it for 280e in total (with VAT)! There was no delivery charge as delivery is free over 25e! I checked the same machine on the Debenhams website and they have it for...........555euro!!! Should be here by Friday:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Happy appliancing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,494 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

leahyl wrote: »
    Just to update anyone who's interested - I purchased a Kenwood Chef Premier from Amazon on Sunday!! They are delivering to Ireland again!

Thanks for the update! Hadn't seen this thread before. Was trying to buy a food processor from Amazon around Christmas and they weren't shipping any here. Will try again now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,494 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

They still had the Kenwood FP736 on sale for £69.99. Bought! Thanks again!

41FtQq3UxaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1KW motor, 3l bowl, made from metal, not plastic. Serious bargain at about €80, compared to €134 in littlewoods and €145 in argos

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    They still had the Kenwood FP736 on sale for £69.99. Bought! Thanks again!

41FtQq3UxaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1KW motor, 3l bowl, made from metal, not plastic. Serious bargain at about €80, compared to €134 in littlewoods and €145 in argos

No problem!! Glad I could be of assistance:D

My mum just rang me in work - it arrived today! Can't wait to get home! I only ordered it on Sunday! Great service from Amazon as always:)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kellsum

Can I ask you Leahyl why did you go with the Chef Premier instead of the KM336? Im just trying to decide between the two if there is a considerable difference besides the wattage. Only difference is one is 800w and the other is 1000w would the difference be that noticable?

kellsum wrote: »
    Can I ask you Leahyl why did you go with the Chef Premier instead of the KM336? Im just trying to decide between the two if there is a considerable difference besides the wattage. Only difference is one is 800w and the other is 1000w would the difference be that noticable?

I have no idea Kellsum - I've been looking at this particular model for ages so I'm not too knowledgeable about the others - but if the only difference you can see is the wattage then I guess that must be the only difference :-). Not sure how much of a difference it makes to the overall workings of the machine I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

kellsum wrote: »

I have a Kenwood chef which is 800W and it is strong enough for all domestic baking. The KitchenAid Artisan is only 500W.

I think the only difference is the wattage and the fact that the Premier is a chrome finish, but you can see the complete list of featrures for both on the Kenwood website, if you want to compare.

http://www.kenwoodworld.com/uk/Products/Kitchen-Machines/Chef-and-Major/Classic-White-Chef-Kitchen-Machine/

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kellsum

Ok thanks for that, thats settled then, Im going to go with the cheaper option!

Advertisement