Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATi FireGL V5600 (512mb) or ATi Radeon 5830 (1gb)?

Options
  • 20-11-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

I have a 5830 in my pc at the moment which I use for SolidWorks, but would I be better off using an ATi FireGL V5600 which I can get for about €15? I have a crossfire motherboard, is there anyway I could get the best of both worlds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Daniel S wrote: »
    I have a 5830 in my pc at the moment which I use for SolidWorks, but would I be better off using an ATi FireGL V5600 which I can get for about €15? I have a crossfire motherboard, is there anyway I could get the best of both worlds?

I'd pick the one with the best driver support (certified by SolidWorks) and history of stability over any performance differences. As far as I remember the Radeon is a consumer-level card while the V5600 is for workstations, so the feature set on the latter might be more suitable.

It also boils down to the kind of work you do. There's a good article here on how the CPU/GPU importance varies depending on the model type.

Advertisement